Confesion

~SHIRO~

I decided to sit on the steps facing the healing pod that held Pidge. My shaking has stopped, but my head is still racing.
Lance came in to wash the blood off my hands and clean my cut. Then Hunk came to bring me dinner. I accepted it, but as soon as he left the room I pushed it aside.
I couldn't eat or sleep knowing that the one person who could make my heart pound, was injured.

I wanted to tell her that yesterday. That I had these
feelings for over a year now. I wanted to tell her when she was on my shoulders laughing as we entered the control room. But that moment was interrupted by those monsters invading the ship and almost killing her.

It was the middle of the night and I still hadn't gone off into my room. Every one was asleep. The ship filled with snores and flickering of lights.
I got up from the step and walked towards the healing pod.
My eyes traveled to Katie's face. She was so beautiful.
I placed my hand on the glass and looked for any sign of pain on her features. Even with a gash healing on her side, she still looked so peaceful.
Resting my forehead on the glass I let out a breath. For a few moments I watched my breath fog the glass, piecing together what I was going to say.

"Katie...I'm so sorry. I should have been there to protect you."
My throat tightened as I held back a sob.
"You're the smartest person I know. I'm so grateful that you're part of Voltron. I know you're strong, but I feel terrible that I couldn't take the knife for you. I want to hear your voice. Gosh your voice is so beautiful."

I look back up and see that color has returned to her cheeks. This gives me reassurance that she's alive and healing.

"I remember seeing you the day we left for the Kerberos mission. You had really long hair then. I hoped we could be great friends from that day on. I still hope to be best friends with you, but now I want to be more to you."

I shuffled my feet, trying to block out the sound of my tears hitting the ground.

"I-I promised Matt that I would protect you. I told him that I would try my best to be there for you if I ever escaped. This guilt in my chest is weighing me down. I feel like I failed him...please be alright Katie. I know that I'm the leader and I'm supposed to be strong and steady."

I take a deep breath.

"But seeing you like this and then having feelings for you on top of this, I'm drowning and can't breath. You're my everything."

I hear something behind me but my head is too cluttered to process it.

"I wanted to tell you this before but we had no time. Now I think is the best time to tell you out loud without actually hearing it. Because I can't spend another day seeing you and holding myself back from saying it. Mostly because I don't know if you feel the same."

I face her and my heart beat races. How could one person change you so much? How can someone give you these feelings that you've never felt before?

I inhale sharply and let it go.
"Ever since I left Earth I have never felt more safe than when I was by your side. You make me a better leader and a better person. Katie...please come back to me. Please be alright because...I love you."

Well okie dokie then. Hope this chapter wasn't a complete disappointment. I want to thank all the readers for voting and leaving nice comments. Thank you so much it means a lot to me. ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!