Coming out

So guys I've come to the conclusion that I really like writing this and sharing my experiences with you guys. I think I'm gonna try and do daily updates to this. Key word try.

So the moment you've all been waiting for. The stories of how I actually came out of the closet. We're gonna go in the order of how I came out. 

Let's start with bisexual. So when I came out as bi it wasn't that hard. I was brand new to the community and I didn't know how scary coming out could be. I didn't know that some people wont accept you or whatever. So I wasn't worried. I wrote my parents a letter and put it in their bedroom. When they read it they called me in and said something along the lines of, "We don't care if you like girls, but you're too young to date." 

I dated anyway.

Okay the next time was lesbian. So our school has like a school spirit week and one of the themed days was clash. So I wore A red hat, an orange bandana, a yellow shirt, green short and my blue thigh highs. (yeah I know I forgot purple.) I also did a tiny rainbow in my cheek. Right before I got on the bus I whispered to my mom, "I'm gay, and I like girls." I know i should have said lesbian but I freaked out and said gay. Then I got on the bus. We didn't talk about it for a few days. I don't remember what they said when we did talk but they accepted it.

Okay last but not least non-binary. So this was a gender thing rather than sexuality but still something I had to come out as. 

I was sitting in my physics class bored out of my mind, not understanding a word. Then i got this tune in my head and it worked perfect with the word non-binary. So I wrote a song abotu coming out. 

Dear, Mom

Dear, Dad

Im sorry for all the

misconceptions you've had

and I'm sorry I couldn't talk you through it,

I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

(Chorus)

I'm non-binary

I'm not male or female

Im not in between,

Im my very own thing.

I'm non-binary

please dont call me he or she

I use they them pronouns 

can't you see?

I know it's kinda confusing,

but it's sorta set in stone.

I don't think that it's a big thing,

but I had to tell you on my own.

(Chorus)

It's not that I want to be a guy,

though i think about it often.

It's just how i feel inside

gender's something I get lost in.

(Chorus)

You know I love you so much

I've done my research and checked it.

and this is what feels like 

so I hope you can accept it.

(Chorus)

If you want to come out as non-binary you can totally use this song.

So what happened was after I finished the song I just stared at the floor and my dad was like, "Did you drop something?"

and my mom was like ",come here." so i hugged her then I hugged my dad and he said,

"Isn't they plural?" and we talked and it was all good.

So my experiences with coming out have always been positive. My family isn't religious and have no problems with being gay so I'm good.

This is a serious note. I know people always say "YOU HAVE TO COME OUT!!!" While it feels good being out of the closet, if you are in a situation where it is unsafe for you to come out. Please keep it on the down low. The closet isn't a prison all the time, sometimes it's a safe haven. Please keep that in mind and have a fantastic day.