seventeen

The time had come. We were sadly leaving paradise after the most incredible week of my life. I got engaged, visited somewhere I'd wanted to go for so long and spent it all with my incredible fiancé. So all in all the week was pretty great. Leaving was so sad but I was excited to get back home, break the news to everyone and (potentially) start planning the wedding! As our taxi to the airport drove past the gorgeous scenery and adorable pastel-coloured houses, Kells took my hand.
"I love you, Colson Baker,"
"I love you more,"
"How much are you working when we get back?" I asked him. He hadn't done anything related to his new music whilst we were away and I knew that to make up for it he would spend so much time in the studio when we got back.
"I don't know. I logged outta my email whilst we were here, I do gotta to go work on the new tracks with Slim this week though. You found anything you wanna do yet?" Kells asked me
"Nope. There's like no fun jobs to get unless you go to college, which I'm not doing," I replied. I was fed up of hunting for jobs and I didn't want to do anything that didn't require some kind of degree.
"If I told you that I could get you a modelling job what would you say?" Less had that mischievous look on his face
"Why?" I said, curious
"Okay so you know diddy?" I nodded, vaguely remembering meeting him at some kind of party I was taken to "Yeah, well he needs models for his clothing line and he wanted me to ask you if you would do it,"
"Are you kidding me? I'd love to do it. Kells why didn't you tell me about this like way before this?"
"Because I was shitting myself about proposing to you. Anyway the job's some time. You down?"
"I'm down,"

Casie ran into the kitchen and gave me a huge hug when Kells got back from getting her.
"I missed you so much," She told me
I squeezed her "I missed you too. Did you have a good time at your moms?"
"Yeah, can I see your ring?" She asked me. I put my hand out and she admired it "It's so pretty,"
"Do you wanna put it on?" I asked her
Casie's face lit up with glee "Can I?"
"Of course! Here you go," I said removing the ring from my finger and putting it on hers
"It's a bit big,"
I smiled "That's because you have smaller hands than me," I said, taking her hand and holding it in between mine "I think the ring looks beautiful on you,"
Casue blushed "Thank you, I think it looks really pretty on you as well,"
Our adorable bonding moment was interrupted when Kells shouted "Cas are you coming to help me with your bags or what?"
She raised her eyebrows "Oops. Coming," she shouted back. She removed the ring from her finger and gave it back to me before running to help Kells with her bags. That kid was worse at packing than I was, coming back into the hall with an armful of bags and Kells in tow with a similar amount
"Cas how much did you take?" I said, amazed by one seven year old needing this many bags for one week
"Only the important things,"
"Seven bags full of important things," Kells said
"Dad girls need more stuff than boys, right Chlo?"
I looked at him and nodded my head "Right,"
"Yo I need another dude in this house," He said. Casie looked at him as if he'd said that Santa died and Kells killed him and I held back a laugh "As well as you, calm down. Do you not want a little brother or sister?"
"Hmmm, maybe. I would have to think about it,"

We had just finished saying goodnight to Casie, when she said "I do want a brother or sister, but they would have to be really nice to me,"
I smiled "They would be,"
"You gotta be nice to them as well though, okay?" Casie nodded "Goodnight baby girl,"
"Goodnight,"
We walked out of her room and closed the door. Kells put his arms around my waist and I put mine round his shoulders
"Prom just ten years later,"
"Man we're getting old," he said
"Yeah we are, almost 30,"
"No stop. I need to practise my moves for our first dance,"
I looked into his eyes "You're adorable, do you know that?"
He blushed a tiny bit and smiled. I loved being the one person that had this effect on him, the one person that gave him butterflies and made him smile like an idiot from time to time. I loved it all.