Chapter five

A/N: Hi guys! Can't believe I neglected this for two years. I'm not promising anything, I just felt like I should at least try to finish this, because it has a good premise. Anyways, on with the story!

Souichi placed his hand on Alan's chest and said: "Hold still until I finish the incantation."

Alan was staring at him with wide eyes as Souichi's hand started to glow blue. He only said a few sentences which Alan couldn't understand and soon a bright, white light was engulfing them both. He felt dizzy and he grabbed Souichi's arms so he wouldn't fall down, but he could feel the ground dissapearing under his feet.

_______

Alan woke up in a strange, misty world. It looked like they were in a forest, but a dead one. The trees were black and had no leaves on the branches, the ground was devoid of any grass or even weed and the air smelled stale. He was confused and he needed a few minutes to come to his senses. When he finally did, he realised Souichi was standing next to him.

"Took you long enough, sleepy boy" Souichi said "we're here."

"This is The Invisible world?" Alan couldn't hide his confusion. "It sure seems nice" he said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well what did you expect, we're all dead here" Souichi said jokingly, but you could see a weird shimmer in his eyes.

Alan was worried they might run into a demon and Souichi saw that he was fidgety and uncomfortable.

"Does the smell bother you that much, or is there something on your mind pretty boy?" he asked

"Uhh, like, aren't demons gonna attack us? You said they lived in this world too." Alan said with a high pitched voice. He knew he sounded like a crybaby, but he was seriously scared.

"Yeah, they might" Souichi responded "but don't you worry, I have this huge demon killing blade on my back to protect you. Besides, demons and us demon slayers hate each other with a passion. But their style isn't to attack us, but to attack the poor souls of the real world while we have our back turned"

"Oh yea, thanks, I feel so much better now" Alan said and kept walking beside Souichi in silence.

They kept walking through the forest of dead trees until they reached a stone house. It looked abandoned. Souichi led Alan inside and placed his hand on his chest once more.

"What are you doing?" Alan asked confused.

"Obviously taking us to a safe place? Did you think we lived like cave people? And ate tree bark?" Souichi was joking again.

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Don't have to be so mean" Alan said sullen.

"Jeez, cheer up pretty boy, I'm joking. For someone with such a fine taste for sarcasm I thought you would understand." Souichi was trying to cheer Alan up.

"Oh, sorry. I guess I'm just tired."

"It's okay, you'll get some rest at my house. I live with some other warriors. You'll like them, they're nice. Now, let me start on the incantation, I don't plan on sleeping on the cold stone floor" Souichi said and winked.

His hand started to glow blue again and he said some different words from the ones before. Alan didn't feel as dizzy, and the ground didn't dissapear beneath him. It happened in a blick of an eye. They were standing in front of a nice looking wooden house on a street with many others, just like that one.

"Did you just teleport us??" 

"Death comes with some perks my dude" Souichi laughed.

He seemed like such a happy guy. Alan couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that this person commited suicide. He became sad about it. But Souichi was already pushing him inside the warm looking house and saying to his warrior friends: "Hey guys, meet Alan, our new roommate!"