Chapter one

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello guys! ^^
I hope you'll like my new story! :3

A year ago, Alan had no clue that you were allowed to like both guys and girls. It may sound funny, but he seriously thought you were either gay or straight. He noticed his interest in other guys a long time ago, but he tried to ignore it. As if someone can ignore that. He knew he wasn't gay because he still liked girls, and it was all confusing him so much. Thanks God his friend Maya enlightened him with the glorious truth.
"You're bi then" she told him, when his confusion grew so much that he turned to her for advice.

"What's bi?" he asked, never hearing that expression before.

"It means that you like both guys and girls. You're neither straight nor gay."

Wow. That was a relief for him. Now he could fully accept himself and stop worrying about how to express his feelings. There was a word for that. Bi. He loved it. Loved the fact that he was one step closer to finding himself. Understanding who he really was, and all that spiritual stuff.

After coming to terms with himself, he started to hear the word more frequently when talking to people. Maybe he just didn't notice it before. Some people were saying how bisexuals don't exist, and how they're just greedy or going trough a phase. He wasn't so sure about that. He was sure about one thing though, choosing between genders was tiring, so why choose? He wouldn't even be able to choose, even if he tried his hardest. Because bisexuals are not unicorns, they are actually real.

Well, apart from those people putting bisexuals in the same box as unicorns or fairies, people said how it must be quite fun to have such a great choice in picking a partner. And it was, mostly. Until Alan fell in love with his best friend Jim. Who was, mind you, straight as a 10 year old girl's chest.

Firstly, he didn't even notice his growing feelings for Jim. Call him an oblivious bastard and you won't be wrong. He thought those were just feeling of a strong friendship. He felt protective of Jim, and always wanted to take care of his needs and wishes, help him, make him smile...He never had a friend like that, and he thought that their friendship must be a one time chance at finding the truest possible friend. Until he started getting jealous. Of anyone, really.

He was practically jealous of Jim's mom, when she pecked him on the cheek before going to work on Saturday. Then he figured something was wrong with him. Well, not exactly wrong, love is a great thing. But being jealous of someone's mom? Well...that was a little too much.

He didn't plan on telling his best friend he was bi, because it wouldn't make any difference if he said it or not. But he said it in the end anyways.

"Don't worry though. I won't ever fall in love with you or Mike, or any other of my friends. You guys are more like brothers to me, it would just feel weird" he was defending himself, already having feelings for Jim and lying to his face.

"No problem mate, I know you won't. As you said, it would just be weird" Jim told him with a reassuring smile. That case was closed, and they didn't talk about it much. Maybe a side comment or a joke or two, but they never got in any deeper. Truth be told, there was no reason to. Until people started whispering...

To be continued