Chapter three

After what Jim told him,  Alan was keeping his distance. He sat with his other friends and ate with them, but never hung out after school with anyone. He was really sad, and after about two months of sadness, nothing could help him anymore.

His friends were trying hard to cheer him up. They always asked him to come watch a movie with them, or go out on Saturday, but he would never come. They once dragged him with them to the cinema, but since he didn't even watch the movie with interest and said that he has to go home straight after, they stopped forcing him.

They were talking to him at school, and even called him on his phone every few days to see how he was doing, but he never responded to their questions, and they gave up. They were looking out for him in school, if some idiots made fun of their friend, and they knew he was grateful for it. But every time they tried to talk to him about what happened with Jim, he would just fell silent.

It made Alan sad to see his friends trying their best, when he always refused their help. He was afraid that they will all abandon him, because he never even talked to them anymore. It's not that he didn't want to go out, laugh with them and have a good time, but he couldn't force himself to be happy and he didn't want to ruin the cheerful mood his friends always seemed to be in.

He usually spent all his free time in his dark room, but soon enough he felt trapped inside and he needed air, because he felt like he was going to suffocate. When he felt like that, he took long walks around the town, somehow always ending up in the small park near the graveyard.

One Thursday, while he was sitting on the bench in that park, he heard a voice. A cold voice, whose words were too quiet to be heard or understood. He was listening carefully and after some time, the voice seemed to get louder and louder. Until he finally heard the words it was saying.

"Alan. Alan. Do you hear me? Turn around, my dear. Turn around" the voice was saying until Alan responded.

"W-who are you? And what do you want from me?" the fear was evident in his voice. He was looking all around the park but he couldn't see anyone there.

"Do not be afraid of me, Alan. I came here to help you. I came hero to take away your sadness. I came here to take that feeling of betrayal in your heart, that was left by your friend. I can make him fall in love with you. I can make all your dreams come true." the voice was saying.

"What are you? A ghost? I can't see you. What do you want from me?"

"Do not be afraid. I only came here to help you, my dear. I will not harm you.
You asked me if I was a ghost, well, are you prepared to hear an answer, my dear?
Will you not run away, if you know the truth?"

"Tell me what are you! And what do you mean by saying you can make all my dreams come true?" Alan yelled.

"My name is Usahtiel. I am a demon of Invisible world. I help poor souls like yours to find true happiness for a very low price. Will you sign the contract with me and free yourself from this misery?"

Alan was in shock. He didn't know what to say, and when he opened his mouth to ask what the price of his happiness was, the demon made such a painful sound, as if someone was crushing his insides, and dissapeared with the mist that formed around them.

"Are you okay?!" someone yelled and ran to the bench Alan was sitting on. It was a guy his age, with white hair and blue eyes.

"You didn't sign the contract, did you? Please tell me that you didn't, because he will take your soul."

To be continued