'I agree, but what do you suggest we do?' I genuinely questioned.

'I think the only way to condense the crowd is to have people on the right and left push in towards the middle,' Levi said. 

As I was about to respond, Tyler continued.

'That might be risky, but I think it's worth a shot. If we don't do something to take the pressure off, we'll be too exhausted to do anything about it.'

Turning to Anton, I looked to him for ideas.

'What do you think, Anton?'

Biting a nearby wolf, he eventually turned to answer, 'I think he's right. We can't keep this up for long.'

'Yeah,' I admitted, 'but there aren't a lot of us. We would have to move you and Levi to the sides while we continue to push forward.'

Sensing my hesitation, Tyler chimed in, 'Well, at this point, I think it is a risk we have to take, Josh.'

Nodding my head, I knew what must be done, 'Anton, break off to the right and Levi break off to the left. Tyler, take the ones in the back, but if you get overtaken, retreat and join the front again. We'll have to try to hold out as long as we can.'

Anton howled and I watched as Levi and Anton took their positions. Of course, the front became less congested, but I began to fear that it only made us more vulnerable than I was comfortable with.

After fighting for what felt like another 10 minutes, I heard another howl echo from the building itself.

Turning to Anton, he soon responded with the words I was dreading the most.

'We lost the back.'

'Tyler, are you okay?'

There was a moment of silence before I heard him speak again. 

'I'm okay! It was close, but I made it out."

I could only hope that Jake and Nicole were close to finding Selena and Amy because whether I liked it or not, Aaron's wolves were pressing in. 

*Jake's POV*

As the wolves were coming closer and closer, I became more concerned as I looked to Nicole and Selena. 

Why can't I shift?

I had been trying for the past 30 seconds, but it was like I was being blocked by some kind of magic similar to what Aaron did to me the last time. 

"You guys can't shift either?" Selena questioned.

Shrugging my shoulders, I replied, "I guess not."

"Well, it looks like we are doing this the hard way," Nicole sighed.

"Stay safe guys, don't get too close," Colt warned.

All at once, they were on us. I felt a surge of adrenaline as I fought these wolves with my own bare hands. 

Was it just me, or... was this too easy?