I sighed and got out of bed to get my sleeping pills and try my luck. Once I washed them down with water, I shut my eyes once again and tried to force myself to sleep. A tear fell right from eye every time I thought about whether this was truly the way I had wanted to live for the rest of my life. I hurriedly wiped it off and took a deep breath.

You're going to therapy for a reason, Sam. To get better.

And then I laughed internally at my own thoughts. Therapy. The place I had just so unethically run off from? That place?

I wasn't too sure if it were the pills or my exhaustion. But that night, I finally fell asleep. It may have been only an hour or two of peace and serene but that was a wonder in itself.

However, every calm thought running through my head had completely been overcome by my panicked thoughts as I experienced probably the nightmare I was hoping would never repeat itself. The worst of the worst.

The terrifying, traumatizing torture.

The night that changed everything. . .

Everything.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I don't even see him anymore. I'm going to pull his ears and twist them so painfully that he'll forget his stupid friends and start hanging out with me instead. He can't just not hang out with me anymore! Granted he deserves to live his own life, he can't just push me away! Wait for me to find him, I'm going to--"

The chuckles of Gabby stopped me mid-sentence.

"What?" I irritatedly questioned her with a frown on my face. "Why are you laughing now?"

"Sometimes it's just so adorable how you guys stick to each other!" she cheekily grinned and extended her hands to pull my cheeks. I slapped them away and glared at her.

Giving her a fake smile, I proceeded to take my stance. "Correction. I stick to my brother. He seems to have forgotten me!"

"Oh, come on, Sam. I saw him talk to you today!" she defended.

"Aren't you my friend? Why are you defending him?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "And to make matters clear, he asked me whether I had any plans today. Can you believe it? Can you? That was just the worst question he could have ever asked today!"

She bit her lip worriedly as she acknowledged the fact that his question was indeed the worst move he could have made. "Okay. . .putting aside the fact that he clearly asked for his death today. What about yesterday when he spoke to you?"

"I was angry at how closed off he was being these days! He asked to take me home in the car, which mind you, we both got for our birthday and only he was using. And I told him that I wanted to walk home. He didn't even turn back and think of walking back with me! Could he not sense that I was angry?! Is he that stupid?! I'm not going to spare him today. I swear to god, Gabby, don't expect to see him alive tomorrow."

She face-palmed. "He wouldn't just leave the car to go 'walk' back home with you. Where would the car go and why would he walk in this scorching heat? You're the only insane one here."

"Well, he could have been nicer and insisted! But of course not. He just shrugged and left me there! Anyway, forget all that. How could he have missed that today was my match?! Our match, in fact, if he hadn't decided to bail on us and go out with his so-called 'friends' for another one of his stupid hangouts! According to him, football's my thing and he wants to live a little. Really?! So, let me get this straight, I'm not living right--"