Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: Promposal

Robby's Point Of View

I just got off from the shower and now drying my hair with my towel. I was topless and only wearing my boxers, I went to my desk and checked my phone to see if I have messages. But my eyes went to the object near my phone, it was a red rose. I took it then sat at the edge of my bed.

I stared at it, then looked at the window where Janella's room came to a view. She fell asleep at her desk, she must've been doing her home work then didn't noticed that she fell asleep. I stare at her for a minute, then stretched out my hand that was holding the rose to her side... I'm actually planning to give this to her, and ask her to prom. 

I want her to be my prom date. I want to make her happy and see her smile , I want to be her first and last dance, I want her to be mine...

These past few months was a blast because of her, I changed because of her... I don't know if she notices it, but she kept drawing me in, closer to her.

My phone started ringing, it's Sam.

"Yo, what's up?"

"Please tell me you already have a prom date." he said.

I laugh at his response, then answered.

"Yeah, I plan on taking Janella."

"Finally, I thought you were turning gay... But wait, Janella? You mean, Janella Williams?"

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" 

"Nah, I'm proud actually, finally you got the guts to ask her to prom, does this mean that you're finally gonna ask her out?"

I said yeah to him then he congratulated me. I actually have this secret that I like her, I've only told this to Sam and Gian. Since I told them that, they've been telling me to ask her out something like that. They actually got sick of it after they've found out that I had no plan on asking her out, they said I didn't have the guts.

"Well, you better ask her to prom now. I heard some of the guys in our year will ask her out. With a week away from prom, I'll bet she'll be desperate to find a date and would just say yes to anyone." He said.

"Yeah, yeah I'll ask her on Monday."

"How will you ask her to prom? Girls these days love those promposals that's been trending, I hope you have a nice promposal."

"Uh... Well..." I scratched my head, I don't have a promposal actually... I was just planning on giving her the rose and ask her to prom, that's it.

"Oh man... You know what? You suck, where's the bad boy Robby who makes surprises to get the girl? Dude you have to have a promposal."