Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: Getting ready...

Janella's Point Of View

I'm actually panicking right now... I haven't got a date yet! I only have like, a week to find a prom date and I don't want to end being desperate and you know, just ask any guy! I know I'mm overreacting but, girls who end up going alone in prom actually gets mentioned in the school's paper and I don't want to be remembered as the cheering squad's only girl who doesn't have a date to prom, or something like that.

 Today's a Saturday and Robby decided to take me with him to go and buy a suit for the prom. I don't know what came up to him to actually take me to prom, but he is my friend and all...

"Can you please tell me again why you took me with you?" I asked him.

"Oh come on Janella, I took you with me because I'm 'gonna need a girl's advice. I gotta look good for prom."

I shook my head and chuckled. What's with him trying to look good for prom?

"Are you impressing someone or impressing your date for prom?" I asked.

"I'm not impressing someone, and I still don't have a date to prom." He looked at me and smiled before looking back on the road.

"You still haven't got a date for prom?!"

"And I'm surprised you too don't have a date for prom." He teased.

"No need to remind me of that..." I sighed and looked at the window to look at the view.

"Hey," He looked at me then back at the road, he held my hand which made me look at him, but he's still looking at the road, driving.

"may I know why having a date for prom is such a big deal to you? You've been sulking the whole week since they announced prom."

"Because... I don't want to end up being alone on my first ever prom. I actually didn't thought that people would start to treat me normal, but if I don't have a date for prom, i might end up being the disliked person or something."

"I know I'm overreacting, but... I wanna feel special on that night, because it's prom, and at the same time valentines."

He sighed then  looked at me. He gave me a reassuring smile and patted my head. I smile back, he really changed and I'm so thankful he changed for the better. 

We soon arrived at the boutique where he made an appointment. He seems really excited to pick his suit, he even made an appointment! 

We entered the boutique and saw many tuxedos and suits of different colors and patterns. It also sells bow ties, neckties, and other accessories. A man in his late thirties or early forties came to greet us and showed us to the table for consultation, I think...

 "You must be Mr. Fletcher?" the man said. Robby nodded, the man introduced himself as Mr. Yales. He came out to be the one who'll guide Robby into finding his preferred suit. 

"And who is this fine young lady? Your girlfriend perhaps?" He said. 

My eyes widen and so did Robby. 

"Uhm... Haha, no, she's my friend." Robby corrected.

"Oh, my apologies..." 

We started looking for suits and tuxedos. It's taking us long because Robby can't seem to find the right color he wanted.

"Hey, can you tell me what color your dress will be?" Robby asked. 

I was surprised and was not expecting it to happen.

"Uhm, what's it for?"

"Just tell me." He said. Pretty old Robby alright...

"Uh, I think it's red."

"Seems like you're not sure about it."

I stared at him blankly, then rolled my eyes... He has got to be kidding me.

"It is red you idiot, now just go find your freakin' tuxedo." He laughed then went back to Mr. Yales to find other tuxedos.

~~~

I grumbled as I felt my feet sore from all that walking. I just got home and I straightly went to my room and jumped on my bed. I saw Robby opening his curtains and waved as he saw me. I just rolled my eyes and faced the opposite direction to not see his jerk face...

I heard my phone ring, so I took my bag and get my phone, I saw that the caller's ID was Santana, so I answered her call.

"What's up?"

"Girllllll!!! I just got my prom dress!!!!!! Can't you believe that?"

"Congratulations best friend!" I lazily respond.

"Hey. you seemed to be bummed out. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired..."

"Tired? But you don't have a photoshoot schedule today... Wait, did you went out with Robby???"

"H-how did you-"

"I knew it! You went on a date with Robby!!! Oh my gosh!!!"

"It wasn't a date you idiot. He just asked me to come with him and go buy his tuxedo for prom."

"And you came with him? Oh that's exactly what I call a date! Did asked you what you'll wear???"

"Uhm, no. But he did asked me what color my dress will be."

She squealed so loud that I had to move away from my phone to avoid hurting and damaging my ear drums.

"That's way better than asking for what you'll wear!!!"

"And why is that?"

"Because! I'm sure he's going to match his tuxedo to your dress!!! Didn't you saw the tux he bought???"

"No... I lost interest after he asked me what color my dress will be."

"Well that's just absurd, and a dumb thing to do... What if he pairs his tux to your dress? What if-"

"What if he doesn't? Then I'll be hurt from expecting too much and be lonely on valentine's day."

She must've felt the sadness in my words so she said sorry and changed the subject. A few minutes later, she bid her goodbye and we ended the call. I putted my phone back to my bag then looked behind me to see if Robby's done, and just in time I saw him standing there and smiling at me.

"Are you done shopping?" I asked.

"Yeah, just finished measuring my measurements, I'll come back next week to pick it up since I kinda asked for a customized one."

I nodded in response, then we left the store.

~~~

I opened the door of our house, climbed the stairs and went straight to my room. I crashed to my bed and sigh in relief as I felt my soft covers... Gosh I'm exhausted...

I then remembered that I still have unfinished home works, so I took a five minute rest thn went to my desk to do my home work.

I didn't noticed the time, but I was still doing my homework, I'm pretty sure it's night already... I've been trying to keep myself awake, but soon I can feel myself drifting to sleep.

When Bad Boy meets his NerdOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara