He's a Demon and I'm his Angel Slave: Most Unwillingly - 9

I didn't know what to do. I was on the bed now, staring at the small white device. It was from the 23rd Century, when they had been perfected. It was a painless finger prick and an instant reading. If a small red X appeared on the screen, you were not pregnant, if a small golden star appeared, you were. It would be an instant result... but I just couldn't do it.

I couldn't be pregnant, it was impossible. Sure, angel's fertile 24/7, but to get pregnant you have to have sex. Considering I'd been celibate for 400 years... it was physically impossible. I should have to bother with this damned test, it had to be a pathetic joke from the queen.

Still in my mind all I could see was that dream. My dream with Kye that Craven had invaded and took over. I knew that demons could project dreams and thoughts into human minds... incubi and succubae could even visit mortals in their sleep... but I'm an angel, that wouldn't work on me. Would it?

I was suddenly terrified. I couldn't be pregnant, I just couldn't be. Not- not with his child. It was impossible. I would rather cut my heard out with a spoon than have his child. I had to know. I had to know if it was true, if this was the reason everything was different.

I took a long, deep breath, and pressed the metal end of the device to my thumb. Then closed my eyes. I couldn't look... I just couldn't. There was a small sound from the device that told me it had my future on the screen.

No. I had to be strong. I had to look, I had to know. One symbol would mean that nothing changed and I would try to escape as soon as possible... the other symbol meant- no. If it was a star... no, nothing changed. I would escape then get an abortion pill somewhere in the 25th Century. It didn't matter what symbol it was.

I took another deep breath and opened my eyes.

Star.

I was... pregnant. I thought I could handle it, ignore the facts and deal with it; but I couldn't. My chest felt like lead, I couldn't breathe, couldn't think, the only thing I saw was that little golden star. I was pregnant. In my shell shocked mind I suddenly knew for certain why things were different this time, why he didn't want to hurt me and why they wanted me to stay.

It was an abomination. The offspring of a demon and angel couldn't be allowed to survive. I'd kill myself before giving birth so such a thing. I could hardly believe that that bastard had managed to do this to me... but now that I knew, I knew what had to be done. I had to get rid of it, as soon as possible. I had to make sure that he didn't know that I knew. If he knew that I knew, I would be on lockdown.

I took yet another deep breath and stood up. In one fluid movement I snapped the device into pieces and scattered them around my room. He couldn't know that I knew. Craven... that disgusting bastard. A shudder went through me. I couldn't believe what he'd done. I felt so violated, so disgusted with myself. I knew it wasn't my fault, but in that moment I felt that same guilt I did when I lost Kye. So much of my personal hell was my fault. I had to get rid of it.

With a heavy heart I sat down in the chair again and looked down at my flat stomach. There was a bastard child there, one that I did not want and could not have. Absently I rested my hand over it. I just- it was all suddenly agonizing to me. The one 'man' I loathed more than anything in the world, the one that had taken everything I cared about from me... and I was carrying his child.

I choked on a sob, hugging my arms to my chest. I betrayed him... I betrayed Kye. It was my fault, somehow it was my fault. He was murdered by that bastard and I- God I hated myself. Not for the first time in these long years I wanted to die, but this time was different. This time I would accomplish something with my death, I would also kill the evil that now grew within me.