To Cherish

The dreams about being a mother to a child was crushed.

The dreams being a father to a child was crushed.

Eren had a miscarriage on her third month of pregnancy due to stress and her depression worsening.

Her dull eyes staring up at the hospital ceiling, slowly laying down onto her side just to curl in on herself.

She never felt so upset by death. Yes, though death took her mother away from cancer. But this was different. A child she had been caring for 3 months and all of it flew away.

Tears rolled down her face and she put a hand over her mouth to quiet her sobs, as Erwin was asleep on the couch across from the hospital bed.

Clenching her eyes shut in annoyance, getting angry at the heart monitor as it kept beeping every second. She didn't understand why she didn't pass away with her unborn child.

She hated herself for that.

She blamed herself for her child passing away.

Growling in anger she ripped out the I.V. needle from her arm and screamed.

Screamed for her loss.

Screamed because she didn't die.

Screamed because she didn't know what to do anymore.

Erwin's eyes opened wide in panic, immediately standing up to hold Eren into his arms to calm her.

Eren crawling into the warm gesture, sobbing onto his chest and clenching his shirt so tight, her knuckles turned white.

None of them cared at the moment that blood from where the IV once was was dripping onto the bed.

Erwin ran his fingers through the messed hair. Kissing her forehead trying to calm her.

His heart aching knowing this is all that he could do at the moment to help her calm down.

Usually he would sing for her, give her some type of chocolate or a drink. But he couldn't think of a song to make her smiled. Couldn't trust himself enough to get up and get something for her to eat or drink.

Tears rolled down his cheeks, feeling worthless because he couldn't cheer up his lover. Feeling upset because he knew that she was in pain.

He held her closer to him and laid his head against hers slightly. Rubbing her back, cringing inwardly when he felt her spine poking out from her back. She was loosing weight. He guessed that she's probably underweight, caused by her depression and the stress... He felt horrible of how he just realised these things in the worst moments.

"I'm so sorry baby girl..."