The Runners (part 2)

Sam and Joey bolted down the stairs. Together we grabbed our shoes and bags and tan from our hut. Joey and I looked at each other, nodded, and skidded to a stop. We all knew who set the fire. The Hunters.

"Why are they chasing us?"

"I don't know Joey. I don't know."

To tell you the truth, I did know. But I wasn't about to tell him that.

"We need to go somewhere they'd never find us."

"Sam! We can't!"

"We have to."

We have to go home.

Home. The kingdom of the king. King Freeman.

We all stayed silent for a moment, nodded, and started to walk.

"We can't go back yet."

Sam and Joey made confused faces.

"We're too reconizable."

I dug in my bag for a couple of things.

I grabbed my knife, deccided where I wanted to cut it, and brought the knife through.

3 feet of blue-black hair fell on the mossy underbush.

Joey and Sam just stared.

I shrugged, grabbed the bottle and a towel, and poured the white liquid on my hair.

"Well," I said, "Are you just going to stand there or are we going to the stables?"

Joey smiled to himself and off we went.

An hour later, we were at the stables, on our horses when I remembered.

I took the towel off and fluffed out my hair.

My old, down-to-my-knee blue-black hair, was a shoulder length white-blonde. I discovered that my hair waves a little bit at that length.

And with that, we started to head back to the land where we were born.

_________________________________________________

After note.

Hey

I know this might sound weird but I kinda already know what's going to happen in the end!!

Vote comment fan

Later, and still

Loveless