I'd like to thank him because those words gave me my second wind as I kicked him off of me, I rolled us over so I was on top of him and started to punch him just as he did with me.

I wish I brought my gun.

The brawl lasted only a little longer until the doors opened followed by yelling.

"IF ANYONE OF YOU TOUCH MY SISTER I'LL BEAT YOU LIKE YOU WORE THE WRONG COLOR IN THE BRONX" Deandre yelled busting through the crowd full of people

Kingsley saw me and ran to me along with Leo who pulled me off the gun just to start kicking and punching him too. Shit was about to get really messy.

Wiping my bloody nose I push through the crowd to get to where Deandre was, however, Reggie wanted more smoke I guess. He grabbed me but Deandre had already lost his temper and he was about to show it.

Deandre punched Reggie straight in the face then pulled out his gun pointing it at Reggie's head, "you fucked up" Dre laughed.

Before he could shoot Reggie shots were already fired and everyone started to run. Hakeem placed his hand on my back whilst running leading me outside with the rest of the boys following us along with Sweetpea and Fangs.

"Uhnt uh, yall not coming with us. You guys are the reason she looks like a domestic abuse victim" Dre glared at Sweetpea and Fangs.

"Bro, it's not like we asked them to come over here" Fangs argued

"Don't care"

I looked at my new friends with sympathy knowing Deandre wasn't gonna let up, especially right now. It's not Sweetpea and Fangs' fault this happened, they didn't know"

"Dre, relax" I sighed getting irritated, "It's not like they said "hey guys come pull up""

"I'm not relaxing when you have a fucking black eye forming"

"It's not like it's the first time"

Deandre went to argue but I cut him off,  "It's my house that MY dad paid for so I'll invite whoever the fuck I want to"

"Nova it's okay, we'll see you later," Sweetpea said smiling at me lightly

My heart felt like it broke a little and angry tears swelled up in my eyes as I stormed off getting into the car and slamming the door shut. I was so mad and filled with various emotions one of them being discomfort from the pain I was in.

I sped my way home wiping my tears every so often to clear my vision, my face hurt and I knew I'd have bruises the next day. However, right now I just wanted to be in my room alone with myself.

A little under 15 minutes later I pulled into the driveway, to my surprise Toni was already waiting leaning against her bike. Part of me wishes she wasn't here but another part of me is happy to see her.

I got out of the car and walked passed her not really wanting to talk. "Well, hello to you too"
Toni scoffed following me

"Hi" I mumbled unlocking the door before walking in, again Toni followed me upstairs to my room in silence.

I didn't care if she was here or not, I started to undress myself discarding the now ruined blood-stained clothes. I wanted to cry so bad or punch something but I couldn't, but I needed a release.

"What happened?" Toni asked as I started to redress myself.

"Nothing"

"Well it was something"

"It was nothing, Toni, okay? Let it the fuck go" I snapped at her going to my bathroom to access the damage, I closed the door behind me and locked it.

As soon as I locked the door I burst into tears, I hate that I cry whenever I'm mad. It makes it look like I'm sad but I'm really just frustrated and don't know the correct way to get it out without hurting someone.

My cries turned into sobs as I screamed and punched the mirror in front of me, "FUCK" I yelled as my knuckles started to bleed.

Good job dumbass

"Nova?!?" Toni said my name from the other side of the door

"Go away," I said to her but more like mumbled

"Nova please let me in" She pleaded with me but I refused. I continued to cry as turned on the water washing the blood off my knuckles.

The door popped open with Toni opening it as she held a bobby pin in her hand.

"Nova-" Toni cut herself off looking at the state I was in, I probably looked a hot mess with the tears profusely coming down my face and my right-hand bleeding. "Jesus Nov," She said mostly to herself grabbing a towel and rubbing alcohol that was already out on my shelf from when I cut my leg while shaving a few weeks back.

I sat in silence as she cleaned up my hand, "where are the bandages?"

I nodded over to the cabinet underneath the sick and she quickly opened one of the doors grabbing a first aid kit that was in there. Toni unzipped the bag and pulled out some gauze and a bandage wrap before wrapping my hand up. I had stopped crying thankfully and just wanted to lay in bed.

"There, all better," Toni said kissing my hand like mothers do when their child gets a boo boo

"Thanks" I murmured taking a glance at the broken mirror. I'm gonna have to get that replaced tomorrow...

Toni sighed looking at me, "Whatever happened, it's gonna be okay" she reassured me

I nodded walking back into my room and laying on my bed. Toni decided to clean up the glass in the bathroom and wipe down the counter where blood droplets were.

Closing my eyes I tried to regulate my breathing so I could relax a little bit but nothing really worked. Laying on my side I closed my eyes until I felt a body next to me, I looked over to see it was Toni taking off her shoes before she laid on her back.

She held her arms out for me and reluctantly I laid on her as she wrapped her arms around me. Oddly, I found peace in this and started to drift off into a deep sleep.