2.8

"Nick!" I yelled. Walking towards his car.

"Hey, Dustin! My man." He said. He was high. Really high.

"Did you hear?" I ask.

"About Lexi? Yeah, man. Sorry about your friend." He said.

"Nick. How are you taking this?"

"Dustin. Dude. I'm taking this like a pro. I'm high and hungover. And am going to party tonight!" He yelled.

"Nick. Come with me." I said.

"Dude." Was all he said.

We went back to my house. I wanna sober him up. I let him sleep.

The next day, I start talking to him. I guess, she wrote letters. One to her parents. One to her friends. One to Nick. And One to me. I still haven't read mine.

"Nick. How are you taking this?" I ask.

"Not good." He says.

"Have you read your letter?" I ask.

"Over. And over. And over again."

"Is it bad?"

"Not really. It just makes me cry." He says.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Hey, so I'm going to go." He gets up and leaves.

After that, I don't hear much about him. Just that he dropped out of high school. And was on the run for awhile. If you ask me, I think this hit him hard.

I go over to Linsey's house. She and I are really close now. Even with the death of our friend. We help each other a lot. I know Lexi's letter is going to make my cry.

I finally open my letter.

It's in her hand writing.

Dustin,

I'm so sorry, for whatever you're going through. But you need to know a few things. This isn't your fault. And it isn't because of Nick.

I did this for me. So that I could be free. I hope I am free. I know what people are going to say about me. That I'm weak, and did something stupid.

Which yea, okay, this was stupid. I know problems pass. But I've been dealing with this one since I was born.

I've self harmed as long as I can remember.

I'm sorry I told you that I had stoped.

I want you to know that I love you. I always have and always will. You were my best friend when I needed you most. I'm sorry this is how our story had to need. But mostly my sorry for letting you walk out of my life.

I missed you so much.

But Nick was good to me.

So I guess this is goodbye. Cause I can't just keep writing forever. I mean, I have three other letters to write. But just know. I started with yours.

And I'll miss you.

-Alexis Longheart <3