2.3

The next day I went over to her house.

"Hey lex."

"Dustin. Hi." She said, then moved to let me in.

"Sorry to just show up, but I really need to talk to you."

"Dustin it's fine. But this isn't really a good time."

"Please, just listen."

"Okay." She said.

"Nick, isn't good for you. He's messing with your head. Making you think that you can do things. Things that you shouldn't do. He doesn't feel for you. And he doesn't care about what happens to you. You need to start thinking straight." I told her.

"Dustin." She stopped me, "I think you should go."

"Lexi. Listen to what I said."

"Dustin. She told you to go." Nick said, walking into the room.

"He's here?!" I yelled.

"Yes." She said, calmly.

"Why can't you see what he's doing!?" I screamed. I know I shouldn't have. And if you ask me, I'm pretty sure that's the moment I lost her.

"Dustin, she asked you to go. Don't make me ask, it won't be as nice." Nick said.

"I'll go when I think she'd heard what I said!" I screamed.

"Leave. Now." Nick said.

"No."

He doesn't even think. He punched me in the face. Sadly, we were fighting over a girl.

"Nick! Stop!" Lexi screamed.

He tried to hold me down, but I just kneed him in his side. We were fighting horribly. And I'm not really sure who would've won. Because the thing that happened next. I'll forever hate myself for.

Lexi, pulled him off of me. And I went to attack Nick. But I hit her instead. She hit the ground immediately. I had put so much power into that hit, to try and take him down once and for all.

"Shit!" I yelled, and rushed to her.

Nick was already holding her face. She was leaning into him. It made me sick.

"Lex, I'm so sorry." I said.

"Get out." Nick said.

"Lexi. Please."

"I said get out." Nick glared at me.

And like an idiot I got up, and walked out the door.

I wish I had known what would become of that. That fight was for nothing. All we did was make things easier for her. All he did was take care of her, when I couldn't. And all I did was hurt her, more than anyone else.

If I could go back and change that fight. Or that day. Maybe things now would be different. Cause now, I just remember my best friend. I just remember who she used to be. And all the fun we used to have.

And I can't change any of it.

But I would. If I could.