Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up cold i felt something but i didn't mind it i started reading the clock Only 4:30 am I got up and i walked over to Joeys room i peeked in and i seen him with Celestia and he had a smile on his face and from what saphire has told me it's harder to see one of those i walked down stairs and put on my shoes and i walked out of the door of the house and left the door unlocked. I walked to the nearest place and i ended up at Walmart i walked in to find something but i didn't know what i only had $300 and i walked in i seen a bunch of Colored markers and pins i went over and seen a $10 300 pack of markers and i grabbed them and i seen another pack from the same brand with pins and i grabbed them, "$20 spent." People looked at me weird probably because they knew who i was but Duncan would be called insane once he came back but i would never let that slide i seen a sketchbook that was $30 and i started to cry as i grabbed a journal the same blue dotted map journal that Duncan had got me and tears slipped as i went to self check out and i bagged all the stuff and left tears slipped one after another and walked all the way back home.

As i walked along the sidewalk i seen another puppy but this one was orange small and... lying still...I walked over to it and picked it up and my breathing steadied after i seen the puppy breath softly and it started whimpering and i walk back into the store with the puppy in my arm and i got more dog food another dog bowl and some toys and other necessities.I walked back and i brought the cart with me and i didn't give one fuck that i took it because i was to tired i made it home and took all the things out of the cart and took them inside i took the dog bowls and bag of food and a water bottle upstairs to my room hearing Nova snore as i walked past his room.I walked into my room puppy in hand and i put her down on my bed. I put the dog food bowls down and put some food in one and the other water from my water bottle and i drunk the rest as the dog ate i got her a collar identical to Celestia's but this one was pastel pink with pastel purple bones and her name was engraved in the silver bone where my number was 'Melody' I started reading it in my head "perfect." I got a fog treat and started lying on the floor.

"Time to tame a duggo!" I said to myself as Melody got closer and closer till her face was in mine and she Grabbed the treat and ate it cheerfully as i put the collar on her. I grabbed her and put her down in the hallway and i went to the bathroom.I than picked her up after and took her outside and let her go to the bathroom and she did.I picked her up when she was finished and took us back o my bedroom and i put her on the bed as i slept and she went under the covers and lied on my belly as she poked her little head out at me and a smile plastered on my face as i fell deeper and deeper in the dark void we call sleep.

Nova's Pov

I woke up and put on my cop uniform and i grabbed the pepper spray off my uniform "Ahh i never use this anyway and she needs it." I spoke to myself as i went over to saph and put it in her outfit for the day pocket i got my keys and walked out the house and seen a....shopping cart?"To early for this." I said to myself as i started the car and i went to work. As i went in they assigned me to go to the Captains office and that i did. I walked in and he was waiting, "Finally Nova your here." He joked to me,"Oh shush up Jackson what do you need." I said to my Older brother i was an only child and they adopted him i'm still a only child he is just the adopted older brother, "I'm Assigning you to go to go to the prison and guard for a few months." He said and i was surprised that he had given me this job and he knew that i had just met the girl of my dreams."Yes sir cap." I joked and he laughed, "I'm your gay older brother don't call me cap now go and your earning more so you can supply for your family at home." he said to me as i blushed they weren't mine but i did want to adopt with the saphire and i was gonna ask her out but that'll be when i come back

A/N OMG I REACHED 2K READS THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! FOR READING BUT HIS BOOK IS A LITTLE FAR FROM OVER HEHEH