After that I heard the doorbell and it was probably Stella and Austin. I head downstairs opening it and I was right.
  "Hey" I smirk they walk in.
  "Hey" they smile back.
  "People will be here at like 7" I tell then. "Dad's Just marinating the meat" I shrugged.
"Ooh" Austin says and I push him and he laughs. "I was planning on saying something really gross so you're lucky."
"Yeah I know exactly what you were gonna say" I roll my eyes with a grin. "Can he marinate my meat!?" I mock him Stella laughs. We go to the kitchen and he was still there preparing shit.

"Hey guys" he looks up to see them.
"Hey" they reply. I see Austin purse his lips at me and I roll my eyes again.
"Want drinks?" I asked grabbing myself a coke.
"Yeah" they both reply I hand them it.
"We'll be outside dad" I tell him he nods and we head out the back. We sit down at the chairs we have.
"Why is your dad hot?" Austin asks Stella nodding in agreement.
"Guys. We do are not talking about this right now. No way" I said sipping my drink.
"Fine chill" Stella mutters. "So who's coming?"
"Caleb, Sam, Kyle maybe and Caleb's parents. And my dad's friends" I reply.
"Sam?" Austin wiggles his eyebrows I roll my eyes for the third time since they came.
"Yeah, he's a friend" I state.
"Do you not just want him?" Stella asks.
"Yeah he's hot as fuck, but I mean...he seems a little fuckboy-ish" I shrug.
"But who isn't, if they look like that?" They both say and laugh.
"I know. But still."
"But don't you think if he really was, maybe he'd act like it more?" Austin adds.
"Well I mean, he's obviously flirty with girls" I say. "Why are we even talking about this. It's not a big thing."
"Well, we just think you guys would seem cute together" Stella mutters.
"Guys don't play that shit on me" I laugh a bit.
"We aren't" Austin laughs back. "He seems kinda into you anyways."
"No, we're friends" I say.
"Mm-Kay Jo just wait" they say I roll my eyes shaking my head.

~

By 7:30 everyone was here and dad was making the barbecue. All of my friends were in the living room. I was playing against Sam on call of duty. I tap on the controller vigorously.

  "Fuck off dude" I mutter he laughs as he was winning the game.
  "Sorry you suck ass" he responds.
  "Wow..." I said glancing at him he laughs again. "You are in my house remember?"
  "Just a joke Jo, don't get so defensive" he says. I roll my eyes.
  "Oh my god. Can you literally fuck off?" I asked.
  "Nope. You are the one who invited me here" he smirks. I hit my controller killing him. Ha! Bitch.
  "Completely regret it."
  "You don't mean that" he shakes his head. "You love me."
  "I've known you for 2 weeks. Don't get ahead of yourself there Samuel" I say.
  "Am I really that ahead?"
  "Very" I nod staring at the tv screen. We didn't have that much time left. But he was gonna win.

And he did.
  "Take that!" I flip him off he reciprocates. "Suck on these."
  "I would gladly!" Austin butts in and Stella laughs. Sam does to.
  "You're too good for him Austin," I say Sam gasps.
  "Disrespected...severely."

  "It's time to eat guys" my dad walks into the living room looking at the tv then back at us.
  "Coming Mr. Carter" Austin winks at me I throw a pillow at him he laughs.
  "You're trash" I said getting up dropping the controller on the chair.
  "Sorry that everyone agrees with me," he responds.
  "Only Stella does" I roll my eyes at him we all walk out to the backyard where the old people were.
  "Yeah, But any other girl would" Stella joins in I groan.
  "What are we talking about?" Sam asks.
  "We think Mason, Mr. Carter is hot" Austin shrugs. We grab plates.
  "So they try to tell me it all the time and it's gross" I add in.
  "I don't know what to say to this" he chuckles.
  "There's nothing to say" I mutter.

We all grab our food and go sit.
  "Jo! Who is this?" Lila whispers to me nodding to Sam who sits next to me. She wiggles her eyebrows. She was my mom's best friend. And Caleb's mom.
  "Sam, he's newer" I laugh. "Moved here 2 weeks ago."
  "He's a hottie" she tells me. "I think you should go for it."
  "Oh my god, no way!" I laugh.
  "Why?" She asks. I shrugged.
  "I don't have an answer. I don't like him" I mutter.
  "Why?"
  "He's hot and all" I whisper. "But I don't like him like that I guess."
  "Sam is it?" She looks over to him I mentally face palm. He turns to her.
  "Yeah" he nods. She grins.
  "Hi! I'm Lila, pretty much Jo's aunt and Caleb's mom" she says.
  "Hi" he says politely with a smile.
  "Where are you from?" She asks.
  "Born in New Jersey But I lived in LA" he tells her I take a bite from my food looking between them.
  "Cool!" She says. "I know I'm like a cool mom."
  "You're also annoying" I said she smacks my shoulder I laugh. "Sam here is like the only one who can actually beat me in a game of call of duty" I tell her.
  "Wow," She says I nod. "I think I like him better than you."
  "Says everyone Jo's friends with" He smirks I push him he laughs. "Calm down."
  "You don't tell a girl to calm down" me and Lila say.
  "Jo" my dad says I turn to him while Lila and him continue talking.
  "Yeah?" I asked.
  "Who's the new friend?"
  "Oh i told you this like a week or 2 ago dad" I said.
  "Oh."
  "Yeah."
He looks at him and I laugh.
  "Calm down Dad" I said.
  "I think I'm fine the way I am," he responds.
  "Okay" I laugh.
  "You ahah to date him" Lila whispers to me. I give her a look.
  "Why?" I asked.
  "Because he's amazing, and you two would be so cute!" She tells me. "Believe me Jo. I called your mom and dad too!"
  "You need to calm down."
  "Don't tell em to calm down" she says. She turns to Luke when he says something to her. I turn to Sam.

  "Yeah, sorry about that she's crazy" I laugh.
  "No, she's pretty funny" he shrugs with a grin.
  "Yeah, you must also be the charmer" I roll my eyes he laughs.
  "Sorry people like me Jo" he looks at me and takes a bite of his food.
  "Whatever" I mutter.
  "You said it again."
  "Deal with it."

************************

A/N

Anotha one. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Kinda cute right? Anyways. Much more to come. And tell em ya thoughts and all that shit cause you know I need you guys on board with me here. Thanks for reading and enjoy please lmao. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽