1. We know it's you

"Don't go Finleigh, we know it is you." they yelled at me as I was running away ones again. I went around some blocks until I noticed the crowed area in front of me, I put my back more decently on my back if that was even possible, the bag definitely made my "runaway" from the cops, more difficult. My eyes landed on the big advertisement all around the place, "Aaaaaah Times Squares" I thought to myself, no way they could find me her around all those people. It has been a while since I been here with hiding myself from the police. I definitely didn't like all the hiding and  the moving from place to place, I can't say that I am getting used to it. The feeling you get when you rush out of the streets, the adrenaline.

when I think about Times Square, it is for sure a beautiful place but all the money for those ads, it's crazy that such an amount can be spent on just an add that will play for what? 10 seconds. I was not watching where I was going, too impressed. I bumped into a few people, not really caring about me or the fact that if I would be a thief I could have stolen something. typical business people I guess, always in a rush.

I heard my stomach scream/yell, don't know how to express it. I searched  for a place to sit, it took me a while but I found some stairs where I could sit, loads of people were sitting there so they definitely wouldn't notice me. I went up to the place and zipped my bag open, looking for food. tissues, a black t-shirt, and an empty drink cup, also an empty wallet. I have been living like this for a month.  When I ran away from the orphanage,  I hadn't any use there. It took them more than a week to notice I was gone,  so I am happy with the choices I had made.

I looked for any food stands, when I saw an ad for McDonald's, well don't have any money so I'll have to wait. I once read on school that the human body can survive without food for almost 54 days, I thought that was some shitty talk. I'll found out. I looked at the clock on Times Square, 11.30 pm, I completely forgot it's almost New year. I decided to watch the ball drop just like I did with my mom when I was 6 years old, I remember it all too well.

~Flashback~

"come on sweetie." Mommy shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!!" I yelled back, when running down the stairs.

"What did I say about running down those stairs, Finleigh?" She responded. 

"Won't do it again momma, going?" I said back.

"Yes, common sweetheart." She picked my hand and we walked out of the house, we lived really close to Times Square, about 10 minutes. We walked and went standing with the big crowed. 

"Can't see." I said to her, looking up. She picked me up and but my on her shoulders, like dads supposedly do, I didn't had a dad so... I was always just me and my mommy.

She looked up at my and we all started counting "10,9,8..5,4,...3,2,1." everybody was screaming and giving hugs to each other while the ball dropped and the fireworks start to blow in the air up.

~End flashback~

I started making my way to Central Park, only to be amazed by the amount of people that were there. Of course there were again ads before the big countdown. 

!News breaking story, if you have seen this particular girl named Finleigh Davis, contact us on our usual number: 911. She has blonde hair, hazel colored eyes, the looks of a 14 year old and is wearing a black top, grey hoodie and a jeans, around the timing we saw her last. If you see her around Times Square or Central Park, where she was last seen please make a call!

The missing persons advertisement ended and I made my way through the crowd making sure that the hood of my hoodie wouldn't fell off.

There were some famous people singing which I didn't even know about that they existed, I made my way through the most people until I reached to the front of all people that were listening. I decided that it would be the best if I just pretended that I belonged with someone in that crowd. So the cheesy me that I am I started dancing along and when this anonymous person finished singing, the crowd went wild. She made her way of the stage and this blonde person came on in just a few seconds later, I do know who that was it was the Taylor Swift she song some of her songs like: I knew you were trouble and 22 and went off.

Nina Dobrev's P.O.V. 

 We were invited to the Central Park, New Year’s eve event. We of course couldn't miss that. Have of the cast and I decided to fly out to NYC and go, we got to the VIP section because of our fame, I guess? Around 11:40 pm we made it, there were about 50 people in the VIP, all from TV-Shows or Movies, singers and models. When you looked up there were big screens, with all kinds of advertisements on them, I think Ian saw me looking when he said to me "What a waste of money, don't you think?" "Yes, it...." I didn't even finish my sentence when this missing persons report came on about a girl that was running away, here somewhere.

Nobody should be alone around this time a year I thought to myself, it's like leaving your dog outside the store, so you could enjoy shopping, this time of year is about sharing. I always thought. Ian snapped his fingers in front of me, gosh I was probably again living up in my thoughts.

“Huh, sorry what were you saying?” I asked him, trying to get my mind of the girl.

“It is sad isn’t it?” He said probably talking about the girl.

“Yes, I feel bad for her.” I said back a bit coarse maybe but it was just so devastating.

“Yeah it’s devastating.” He said, sometimes it feels like he can read my mind. It is weird what kind of connection we have sometimes in the middle of a conversation we just say the exact same thing out of nowhere and then we laugh about it, this wasn’t exactly the time for laughing when you talk a subject like this.

“That was what I was thinking,” I said with a bit of a smirk in my voice “devastating.” I finished my voice trailing off.

“Hey neens, c'mon it’s New Year’s eve, don’t let it get to you. They’ll find her.” He said comforting me. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder and said to myself that they will. 

~5 votes and 2 comments for a new chapter~