Engineer x Reader

Real quick author's note (sorry guys!)

I've had so much work to do lately and I totally forgot about Wattpad >-< Also I'm writing this at like 3 in the morning so don't expect a high quality story. I ran out of ideas XD

Now, onto the story!

You thought about him almost 24/7. You were distracted in battles, in training, heck, even your sleep schedule was fucked because you spent your nights awake thinking about him. You couldn't help falling in love with him - he was smart, handsome, and the way he always called you 'darling' in his smooth Texan accent drove you crazy.

Yep, you had a massive crush on Engineer.

You were sure he'd noticed you staring at him every few minutes, probably with a stupid grin on your face. Funny though, he'd never really got the hint at just smiled back when he caught you looking at him. He had the most brilliant mind on the team, how did he not know you had a massive crush on him?

You were so busy thinking about him that you accidentally dropped the screw you were meant to be fixing one of his teleporters with. It clattered onto the floor and rolled underneath a huge metal shelf, hitting the wall behind the shelf with a clink.

'Dammit...' You muttered under your breath. The was probably the hundredth time you'd been distracted by Engie again. You stood up with a sigh, knowing Engie never kept anything organised in his workshop, nor did he label anything, so you had no chance of finding a box labelled 'screws'. Engie wanted his teleporter to be fixed by the end of the night, so you really needed that screw back.

You pressed your face to the floor and peered underneath the shelf. You could see the screw glinting at you from the back of the shelf, as if to say: 'good luck getting me back'. You got up and dusted yourself off, thinking of another way to get to the screw. Maybe there was a gap behind the shelf?

Sure enough, there was a small 4 inch gap behind it. You were small enough, you could fit through there, right...? You sucked in your breath and tries to squeeze in sideways, but you were slightly bigger than 4 inches. Instead of trying to fit into the gap, you had a better idea. You heaved against the shelf with all your might, feeling satisfaction when it moved about half an inch. You tried again, feeling your your muscles strain to move the heavy object. You rammed your body against it, probably bruising your shoulder and making a horrible screeching noise as the metal legs rubbed against the floor. You breathed in again and just managed to squeeze the top half of your body into the slightly bigger gap, your legs kicking out in the open as you pushed yourself forwards. You reached down, your fingers tantalisingly grazing the screw.

'Come on...'You grunted as you determinedly groped for the screw. You wedged yourself further into the gap until your hips couldn't move forwards anymore, and you reached down and grabbed the screw triumphantly. 'Yess!' You whispered to yourself, imagining yourself doing a victory dance. Now you just had to get back out again.

You wriggled your hips. And then wriggled some more, a bit more forcefully. And some more.

But no matter how much you wriggled and squirmed, you were well and truly stuck.

'God...damn...stupid...argh!' You tried as hard as you could to move, but you remained wedged between the wall and the shelf, your ass in the air. You sighed heavily. What would Engie think when he found you stuck behind his shelf?

Thankfully, you didn't need to think of an answer, because the man himself came right through the door.

'Hey darlin', you finished with that...where are ya?' You heard Engie ask.

'...I'm behind the shelf...' You said, embarassed, and you heard him chuckle a bit.

'Chasin' a lost screw, were ya?' He teased. 'Happened to me plenty'a times before.' You heard his footsteps approach you. 'Oh my...' You heard him whisper under his breath, and you realised he must be getting a pretty good view of your ass.