PROLOGUE

❝ Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

❝ Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. ❞

━━━━ 𝐕𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆. But her husband, Robb Stark, thought otherwise. The young Targaryen hadn't had any real interactions with people before, only living off the lands and stealing as much food from vendors as she could without getting caught. She was a thief; a heathen. When she first spoke to the Starks, her voice was hoarse and unused, profanities pouring out of her mouth at an alarming rate, shocking all of them. Catelyn and Sansa wanted her gone, Arya and Jon wanted her to stay, Bran and little Rickon didn't think much about her, Ned was being pulled at two different sides in a mini-war, and Robb . . . he just wanted her. It didn't matter where; he just wanted her.

Ned had decided that the best thing to ease tensions between House Stark and House Targaryen was through a marriage — without the knowledge of King Robert Baratheon, of course — so he set up a secret sacrament in the woods under a weirwood tree, the blood-red leaves protecting them from the rare sun that had decided to come out that day. The two teenagers seemed to mind, however, as Vhaehrys held off their consummation until they knew each other more. After all, it was Robb that turned her in to his father and put her in the situation they both were now in. She was gifted with three dragon eggs during their wedding feast, the Maester sending a messenger to waltz into the room and place the box near the bed, where Vhaehrys would be able to see it.

When the Targaryen was hatching her dragon eggs, Robb couldn't help but want to stop her, try to make her see some sense in her choice, that she didn't need to walk into the fire. "Are you afraid?" She asked him, making him nod down at her before his wife pulled him down for a passionate kiss. "Don't be. I am the dragon's daughter." And with that, she stepped right in.

And came back out with three newborn dragons.

DISCLAIMER

This story will mostly be based on the show, but the character's ages from the books will remain the same. Robb and Jon will be fourteen, Vhaehrys and Daenerys will be thirteen and so on. This book will also contain spoilers, mature themes, mature language, death, and underage themes.

The beginning of this book starts a year before season 1, so Vhaehrys will be twelve while Robb is thirteen. (They get married within that first year as well.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The gif was from the trailer by camtrst on YouTube! The gif belongs to me but the video does not.