Chapter Fifty-Four

Two people stood amongst the darkness of the imperial palace banquet hall balcony. This was pretty much where it all started for the two. Ones eyes brightly shining like the night's stars and the other's eyes held so much forlorn that you couldn't help but grieve with him.

"Why?" Feng Huang's voice cracked with emotion. "Why would you do this?"

Jing Long smiled bitterly at his brother, turning his back to him looking out at the palace grounds darkness. "What are you talking about brother?"

"Don't play with me Jing Long." Feng Huang napped clenching his teeth and knuckles until they bled.

"Jing Long, your face. What did you do to your face?"

Jing Long touched the mark on his face. "I thought you would be angrier at me giving up the throne rather than my face."

"F**k the throne." Feng Huang spat.

Jing Long lets out a laugh and poor Feng Huang couldn't see the delight in the situation.

"I remember when we first met." Jing Long said. "I was so angry at my mother for keeping you a secret. Really, I was envious of your freedom. I would rather be a general than a prince any day, so I hid my intentions and wanted to see if we're identical twins. Ah."

Jing long closed his eyes and sighed deeply. "You couldn't have known my dismay. We couldn't we have been identical?"

"Who wants your ugly mug." Feng Huang says feeling offended by his brother's remarks. "You're still not answering my questions."

"What I mean is, from birth Feng Huang, you have been sacrificing for me. I thought it was about time I did the same for you."

Feng Huang in his wheelchair stared up at Jing Long. Was this really his dreamer, crybaby little brother? It seemed that the war had toughened him up. If Jong Long had heard what Feng Huang thought, he would have cried. Who toughened up? Jing Long would rather face ten wars that the training regime General Wang put him through.

"You're my brother Jong Long."

"And you're my brother too."

Feng Huang couldn't answer back, looking at Jing Long walking into the throne room terror rose in his heart. If it wasn't for Da Fan squeezing and pinching his hand, he swore he would have run to Jing Long. Feng Huang didn't mind Jing Long sacrificing for him but he did he have to go to such an extreme.

Covering almost half his face Jing Long had a burnt mark on the left side of his face. The mark was an angry red that took away from Jing Long's beauty. Never mind resembling Feng Huang, Jing Long didn't even look like the Emperor or Empress anymore.

"Your sacrifice was too great Jing Long."

Jing Long touched his face again. "The procedure was extremely painful but worth it. You can just think of it as a big, red birthmark.

"What does Lou Chun Hua think about it?"

Jing Long shrugs. "She was the one that found the person to do the operation. She's a strong woman. I wouldn't be here if not for her."

During battle, Lou Chun Hua (Jing Long's wife) played the part of nursing his injuries from the battle and sparring with General Wang. Lou Chun Hua got the person to help burn the mark on Jong Long's face.

"Both of the women we married are strong."

"I saw that you got rid of General Wang. What of his daughter?"

Feng Huang knew he was referring to Cong Wei Yang. To be honest, he and others forgot about her existence. "What of her? I am not through with her."