Chapter Twenty-Eight

Madam Feng frowned at Cong Wei Yang. What kind of First Wife was she? She was beginning to think Cong Wei Yang was a lost cause.

Da Fan got up and sat beside Madam Feng, occasionally she would sip tea but most of the time was spent talking to the Madam.

Da Fan completely ignore Cong Wei Yang, many times the latter would shoot glares at her and mouth would twist into a frown. Guess Cong Wei Yang was not use to being ignored.

By noon, Da Fan and Madam Feng had talked for over two hours with the extra sitting and accompanying the two.

Having seen the tired expression on Da Fan's face and the time, Madam Feng pats her hand.

"Mother will talk to daughter tomorrow. The spring social season is starting soon and the Fengs have got to plan ours soon.

Once Madam Feng had left, Da Fan left after her.

"Da Fan, Da Fan." Cong Wei Yang called after her. "Second Madam."

At that Da Fan turned and greeted her. "Oh sister, I didn't quite hear you calling me. It must be the wind."

Not a single breeze was blowing, not even enough to blow the leaves on the ground.

"You must call louder next time."

And appear like a shrew? Cong Wei Yang grits her teeth, Da Fan was patronising her. Cong Wei Yang plastered a smile on her face.

"It must be hard for you. I thought I wouldn't see you for months. It's a shame that the child died so young. You must have been devastated. I hope you're able to get pregnant as again.

Da Fan eyes narrowed and her smile nearly falters.

"Yes it is a shame he died, but it showed that I can indeed get pregnant. Over a year and you still haven't fallen pregnant, First Wife you should visit a temple."

"Y...you!" Cong Wei Yang stuttered.

"If First Wife will excuse me?" Da Fan left without waiting for her reply.

Meirin laughed silently and followed after her Mistress. Her Mistress tongue was more vicious than it used to be.

On the other side of the garden, Feng Huang watched Da Fan and Cong Wei Yang converse. By their actions he could see that Da Fan said something to displease Cong Wei Yang.

Feng Huang followed behind Da Fan, he made no move to hide or announce his presence. He watched as Meirin whispered in her ear and her nodding to whatever was said.

When they reached Da Fan's courtyard he waited a few minutes before entering. The courtyard looked exactly like it did three months ago. On the way to her chambers he spotted Meirin outside the door.

"Mistress is awaiting you. " Meirin opened the door and closed it behind Feng Huang.

Da Fan knew Feng Huang was following her. She spotted him when she was talking to Cong Wei Yang. The entire journey back to her courtyard she was wondering what to say to him. Even as she waited for him to talk she was wondering what to say to him.

"Are you well?" Feng Huang asked her.

Da Fan smiled stiffly and nodded, she didn't know what else to say to him. From someone else's perspective, the two acted like newlyweds; awkward and shy.

Da Fan heard shuffling and looked at Feng Huang for the first time since he came into the room. He looked more rugged and cold, but he never looked so handsome as he did in that moment.

Feng Huang too was looking at her. "Da Fan, I'm sorry." He started to speak. "I didn't help you during these past few months. I just didn't know what to say. You were so lost and empty, I just froze myself."

Da Fan started to cry. She didn't want him to apologize, he did nothing wrong.

"I was lost and it to a hit to slap me back to reality. You were mourning too and I forgot about that."

Feng Huang and Da Fan knew they were on the road to healing. They weren't there yet but eventually they'll reach.

"I want you to stay away from Cong Wei Yang and her family." Feng Huang declared to her.

"I won't hide. I'll get back her and her sister tenfold for what they did to me."

"Da Fan?" Feng Huang was concerned.

"This is a woman's fight, no husbands. There are many ways to skin a cat of snake in this instance."

Feng Huang walked over to her until he was in front of her. He sighed and cupped both her cheeks brushing away the tears that was there with his thumbs.

He so badly wanted to kiss her but she wasn't ready. Feng Huang placed a kiss on her forehead. It was a start, they weren't as close as before but soon they would be.