Chapter 23

An hour later, Naruko awoke. She was in chains, her hands tied behind her back, and not only that, but she had chakra restraints on as well. She noticed seals that were used to keep control of the jinchurriki from rampaging by locking away all of the biju's chakra. There was also a sealing tag on her that made it so she could only do one action: March in whichever way she was directed.

"Alright kid, we're taking you to Kumo. So get off your butt and start moving!" A guy said from behind her. He pulled her up by the chains that were around her wrist. Speaking of which, they had taken anything that could be used as a weapon from her, even the elastics in her hair that had small little slips on the end, so her hair was now hanging freely down to her butt.

She stood up, she knew not cooperating would be the wrong move. She just needed to be able to have someone come for her. But who? And how would they find her?

She suddenly had a brilliant idea, remembering a certain story her mother had told her. She turned her hands that were behind her back and started snipping of pieces of her hair without the guards noticing. She just hoped someone would follow and get her!

A few hours later, At the main battle site

'There's so many of them.' Kakashi thought as he panted. 'Wait a second, where is Naruko-chan? I haven't seen her all day, and she'd be in on this action right away. She never stays away from the main battle.' He suddenly got a bad feeling about all of this. He bit his thumb and went through some hand signs.

He slammed his hand on the ground. "Summoning Jutsu!" He called out. His dog Pakkun popped up.

"Pakkun, I need you to lead me to Naruko." he said. Pakkun nodded his head and sniffed the air. He jumped off and Kakashi followed him.

After an hour of searching around, they finally found the trail.

"Jeez Kakashi, your girlfriend is pretty smart." Pakkun said.

"Thanks Pakkun, now, how old is the trail?" He asked.

"About 5 hours or so." the dog said.

"Poof yourself away then, I need to go full speed if I want to get to her in time." Kakashi said.

Pakkun nodded and poofed away. Kakashi started running full speed on the trail, seeing the strands of her hair reflecting in the moon light and following them.

'Please Naruko-chan... just be alright...' He thought.

Edge of The Land of Fire's Border

Naruko marched along, her knees shaking and her whole body trembling. She had been walking for nearly six hours straight. Had she been on her free will, she would be absolutely fine, but with all of the seals and chains sucking out all of her chakra and energy, she was having some trouble.

Her captors suddenly jumped up into the trees, dragging her with them. They stood still for a minute, discussing how they would tree jump the rest of the way and where they would bring her in to Kumo.

Yugito suddenly fell forward, a chop to the back of her neck was barely seen. The man's eyes widened and he jumped off the branch, completely forgetting he had Naruko with him, and was struck by the same person Yugito was hit by, knocking him unconscious.

Naruko felt her captor go limp and she freaked out. She shut her eyes tight and just waited for death. After all, it was a fifty foot drop, and head first since she couldn't turn, only march.

That's when she felt something warm wrap around her and she changed directions. She felt her self stop abruptly as the person landed. She peeled open her eyes and saw Kakashi.