Part 4: A Hijacked Broadcast

[Name]'s POV

I open my car door and it hits my dad in the head, making him groan, "Ow, fuck!"

"Oops. Sorry, Dad," I snicker and he swats the back of my head.

He holds his head in his hands and groans lowly. "You're not helping my fucking headache, [Name]. It feels like there's a goddamn drill going off in my head."

"That's your fault for drinking so much," I tell him, making him grumble. Connor walks around the car and joins my side and the three of us look at the Eden Club. "You know- it's even weirder I'm going in there with my Dad," I state and we walk in the rain over to the entrance of the club.

"Why'd you have to point that out?" Dad grumbles and I shrug.

"Dunno."

He stops walking and sighs while reading the screen on the wall that enters the club. "Sexiest androids in town," he says and looks over his shoulder at Connor and me, "now I know why you wanted to come here so bad."

"Who's that in reference to?"

"Both of you."

I deadpan and follow my father down the walkway that leads to the doors of the Eden Club. Connor walks beside me and we walk through the doors to find several androids in tubes, wearing only their underwear.

"This makes me sad," I mumble while approaching one of the glass tubes and looking at the android inside. "They were made for sexual pleasure. That's all people think they're good for."

"You shouldn't feel bad for them, [Name]. Like you said, they're doing just what they were programmed to do," Connor says and I turn away from the tube and look at him.

"Yeah... just like they're programmed..."

I walk into the main room of the Eden Club to find more androids in their tubes and a few on dancing poles. I join my father and we walk over to Detective Collins who was speaking with the manager of the place before turning to us. "Hey, Hank. [Name]."

"Hey, Ben. How's it going?" Dad asks and Ben sighs.

"It's that room right there," he points to it before sending me a glance, "Gavin's in there already."

"This place might become a second murder scene then," I mumble and Dad chuckles. "Connor!" I call out and he looks at me. "You coming?"

"Right away," he says and we follow my Dad into the room where a dead man lays on the bed, a blanket covering his hips and down.

Gavin looks down at the body before turning and scowling at us. "Lieutenant Anderson and Agent Anderson along with their plastic pet. What the fuck are you three doing here?"

"We've been assigned to all cases involving androids," Connor tells him.

"Oh, yeah?" Gavin says then looks back at the dead body and laughs. "Seems some pervert got more action then he could handle."

"Well, we'll take a look, Gavin. Make sure you didn't miss anything," I say while approaching the body of an android who is also dead.

"Whatever. It was starting to stink of booze in here anyway." Gavin sends a look to my father before walking past Connor, intentionally bumping into his shoulder.

I crouch down next to the body of the android to see the blue blood dripping from her nose. Connor crouches down beside me and swipes some of the liquid off her face with two of his fingers, before licking it off.

"Hey, hey, hey! Oh, come on, Connor. You're so disgusting. I think I'm going to get sick again," Dad says, his face contorted in disgust.

Connor ignores him and checks the android's LED before standing up. I stand up as well and walk over to the man who was killed, my eyes fixing themselves on his neck where bruising is. "I don't think that android over there killed him," I state and dad looks at me.