08|Eight

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE DANCED TO the pulsing music, hair flying wildly as she moved to the upbeat tempo. It was the night of Magnus Bane's party and Lyla simply wanted to forget the events of yesterday... All of it.

Multiple hands grasped at her hips, everyone wanting a chance to dance with the hyper girl. The attention she had once gotten in abundance was there again even if it was just for one night. She had opted for a little black dress which boasted a fairly deep dip between her bust and fell shortly below mid-thigh. With swaying hips and flaying arms she mouthed the words of the song, occasionally laughing at the suggestive lyrics.

Isabelle whom had been watching the girl from a far wore a wide grin, happy to see the young girl enjoying herself. "She's a natural."

"Yeah," Simon replied, slightly distracted as his eyes remained on the blonde, fascinated by how men and women had flocked towards her. All eyes were on the girl and she pretended not to notice, save for the small smirk she'd sent their way. "It's like yesterday didn't happen."

At the brunette's words Isabelle frowned turning to look at Simon. "Don't bring it up again." She knew Lyla wanted to forget about yesterday and though it would be near impossible for that to happen, she didn't want anyone of them to be the reason she kept remembering. Simon gave a nod once he met the young Lightwood's eyes.

Clary Fray approached the two, Jace not too far behind. Simon smiled at the fiery haired girl, his heart racing once the girl returned his gesture. "Any sign of the warlock?" Clary asked stopping before the two.

Isabelle shook her head about to reply but her words were halted by Jace's question. "Where is Alec?" The blonde asked looking for any sign of his parabiti but in truth he was looking for the familiar strawberry blonde. As he had expected she had been avoiding him prior to what had happened last night when he nursed her wounds, but now he wanted to talk to her.

"He went off with Magnus." Isabelle waved off his question before returning her attention to Lyla who was now occupied by a blonde who had seemingly caught her attention. Her hands were around his neck, his hands on her hips, body pressed insanely close together. "Looks like someone caught Lyla's eyes."

At her words three pair of eyes turned to look in the direction Izzy was, all surprised at the sight before them. Jace frowned, creases forming between his eyebrows as he watched the girl.

He wasn't jealous. He told himself that he was angry that the girl thought it was okay for her to almost kiss him, tell him one thing and seemingly about to do the same with a stranger. He clenched his jaw the memory still fresh...

Lyla winced as Jace wiped at the dried up blood on her elbow. It had long stopped bleeding but because of the weapon that inflicted the wound, it was still painful. "How did you find me?"

The question gave her a sense of deja vu as she had asked the same question after he had rescued her and now she was again.

"I heard you scream." Jace briefly met her gaze before returning his attention to the bloody cotton disposing it.

Lyla remained silent watching as the boy reached for a wet cloth lifting it to dab at the dried blood at the corner of her lips. She glanced down at the green fabric of Simon's shirt, the boy offering her the garment when she requested to be rid of her bloodied romper.

"I told you not to go looking without me." Jace added after a beat of silence. His eyes stayed focus on the corner of the girl lips as he got rid of the last few specks. Using a clean part of the cloth he wiped at her forehead and cheeks. It was all foreign to him, he didn't have to tend to his or anyone's wounds but when Lyla requested his help he willingly obliged.