Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, Emma. I know you asked him. It's fine. I found out that way and I haven't talked to my parents to figure out what the heck is going on yet." I rushed.

"I fe at fault here." She had a sick looking expression that made her look like she could puke.

"No! Don't. Seriously, if he felt that way this time then he would've felt the same way when he found out later. No worries." I reassured her. She nodded her head but I knew she wouldn't forgive herself.

"What did he say to you?" She asked suddenly.

I cocked an eyebrow. "What?"

"What did Cameron say to you after he broke up with you?" She explained more.

"Oh. He told me he loved me. Still." I said as if it didn't matter. But it did. It really, really did. Emma's arms were around me in a second and it didn't take me long to hug her back. She's a real friend. And here came the tears stinging at my eyes. I didn't want to let them fall.

"It'll be okay. He'll come around. I know he will." She told me as she rubbed my back comfortingly. I nodded my head and wiped a tear out of the corner of my eye before it could roll down my cheek.

"I don't know if I want him to." I said in such a low whisper that I'm positive she didn't hear me. I don't know how true those words were, so I didn't want to say them out loud again.

"Here he comes. And he looks kind of mad." Emma told me in a warning tone. I quickly let go of her embrace and turned to my locker to close it and lock it.

"I'll talk to you later. All right?" Emma asked me as she started towards her locker. I nodded my head and tried to look happy even though I could taste a salty tear touch my top lip. I scowled at myself.

The hallways were beginning to full up now and more students were flowing through the halls to there classes for the last day of finals. It was a gloomy day for everyone. Bittersweet, really.

I spun around to head towards my first finals class but ran into someone. Just a stranger and it made me jump. I didn't see Cameron any where. I thought Emma said he was coming? I thanked the good lord above and stared walking along the wall to go to class.

The janitor's closet door was cracked open a little in front of me. I didn't think much of it until I was pulled inside by someone's arm. I didn't even have time to scream before the door was shut and I heard it click, indicating it was now locked. Someone had to see me get kidnapped in here! C'mon, why me?

Then the light snapped on and I was face-to-face with Cameron. It reminded me of the time after he found out I was his tutor. He warned me not to tell anyone, if I remember correctly.

"What do you want?" I asked quite bitterly. I kept my eyes on my shoes instead of his beautiful face.

"Do you know how worried I was this morning? I didn't know what happened to you!" He almost shouted at me. That was it. I was on fire now.

"Why do you care?!" I shouted back, letting my anger out. It felt good. Like taking your bra off for a shower at the end of the day. Great comparison, yeah?

"Sophia..." He started but I cut him off.

"No. Don't even start. I am so furious with you, Cameron. Just leave me alone and we'll be fine." I tried to walk past him but he blocked my way. Of course he did.

I crossed my arms over my chest childishly.

"I do care. You know that. And you also know I did what I did for a reason." He told me. It seemed sincere. But I didn't care about sincere right now.