Shownu - One in a Million [Part 3]

The guests were settling down as the show was about to begin, me and the boys were directed to sit in the first row, closest to the stage. Thunderous claps were heard as the show started. One after another, the idol contestants performed their choreography with flawless execution that you can't help but be mesmerized.

"Is Shownu competing against them?" you whisper to Jooheon, who at that time was sitting next to you.

"Yeah... They're all so good aren't they?" you nodded in agreement.

"I worry for Shownu now... I don't want to see him disappointed after all the efforts he has put into the performance..."

"Don't worry! Shownu hyung will slay them tonight! I promise you that!" Jooheon tapped my shoulders to comfort me.

In a blink of an eye, it was Shownu's turn. You can feel the nervous feeling creeping up to you. You were just praying that he can executes the routine smoothly without getting injured. As the dancers get ready, you noticed that there were no sign of the lady that you saw practicing with Shownu the other day. Forgetting all thoughts and doubts, you sat back and watched the performance as the song started playing.

Other the girls don't matter

In your presence can't do what you do

There's a million girls around

But I don't see no one but you

You watched Shownu glides through the stage with his suave movements as he dances to a recording of his voice to Ne-yo's One in A Million. You were charmed by his dance moves and fascinated by the aura he had on stage, that you didn't realise he was moving towards your direction as that verse was playing. Jooheon was hitting you to get you out of your daydream. When you finally looked up, you saw Shownu standing in front of you as he presented you with a rose that he had hid behind his back initially.

Girl you're so one in a million, You are

Baby you're the best I ever had

As he mimes those words to you, he gave you a little wink and glides back on stage to continue with his choreography, stealing looks from you from time to time during the whole performance. The boys gave you a smirk as they noticed you were smiling from ear to ear and giggling in happiness.

"You know, Hyung said he never liked the original routine... he said it was too touchy" Changkyun mentioned.

"Y/N, control yourself...You know how the night is gonna be later on right?" Wonho whispered as he gave you that weird smirk. You put a finger on your lips, signalling him to stop talking as you keep smiling to yourself while admiring the rose. "What did I do to deserve a sweet, good looking boyfriend like you, Son Hyunwoo"

As Shownu's performance ended, the host was asking a few questions regarding the ideas of his choreography when suddenly, the question was focused about you.

"Wow...that lady over there must be surprise and happy that she had received a rose from you!"

"*giggles* just a little special fan service" Shownu replied as he turned and looked at you. You can hear the audience 'aww-ing' to his sweet act. You understand why he couldn't elaborate on who you actually were, but you didn't mind it. As long as you knew he was yours and you're his.

With that, it was results time. He was battling against Hoya for the first place. However, with Hoya having a strong choreography that has made an impact on the audience and fellow judges, Shownu lost to Hoya just by a close margin. Everyone clap in support to all the idol contestants and dancers as the show ended.

You and the boys went to meet Shownu backstage to comfort him and also give him encouragement.

"Hyung!!!! That was soooooo sweet! I have gotten a toothache just by watching the performance!" Minhyuk said to Shownu as he ran to hug him.

"APPA! I thought I saw Chris Brown performing just now. " Jooheon compliments. Shownu just replied with a goofy smile and laugh with his hands held on his nape.

The boys gathered around Shownu and continued showering him with compliments. Then, his eyes averted to you when he saw you standing with the rose held in your hands.

"So Y/N, did you hate the performance like you thought you would?" He asked while holding both sides of your arms.

"Hate it, yes. Cause you were too sweet for me to handle! How can I not fall in love with you even more Woo-ie!" you hugged him tightly, showing how much you appreciate his surprise!

"Babe.. I...Can't...Breathe.....!" Shownu said while acting like he was gasping for air. You chuckled at his actions and then kissed him on both of his cheeks.

"Thank you Woo-ie for the surprise. I love the dance, I love the rose, I love the surprise, and most importantly..." you distant yourself and then continued "I LOVE YOU SON HYUNWOO!" you showed him a big heart and then shoot him little hearts on top of it. He ran to you as he became shy and pulled you into a bear hug. 

  -----THE END----