Chapter 3

I woke up to a man tied in a chair with a bag on his face and tape around his mouth. "Ta-da!" Ed said. "Who's that?" "This is Mr. Leonard. You were talking in your sleep last night about Galavan killing your mother." He explained. "I was?" "Yes. Mr. Leonard works for Galavan.  Before he was arrested of course."

I sat up quickly. "Arrested?" Finally some good news. "Gordon arrested Galavan for kidnapping Mayor James! He's in Blackgate!" Ed said excitedly. "Huh." Was all I could say. "Oh, I thought you'd be pleased." Ed then seemed disappointed. "It doesn't matter anymore. Why is he here?"

"He's a gift for you." I laughed. He's got to be kidding me. "And what exactly am I supposed to do with a Leonard?" Ed layed his hands on top of his head and shook him around. "Kill him." The man started screaming but it was muffled by the tape. "I thought it might be nice to get some retribution for your mothers death. It might cheer you up a little."

He walked over and held out a knife. I stared at it for a moment before taking it from him and walkeing over to the man. Ed seemed excited and held his hands over his mouth. I held out the knife but instead of using it I dropped it on the floor. Ed looked at me confusingly. "I'm done. I need some rest. And then I'm leaving Gotham forever." I walked past Edward and back to the bed. I layed down and pulled the covers over my body.

"I really thought he would like you." I heard Ed say to Mr. Leonard. "What to do now?" There was silence for a few seconds before Ed started moving the chair away. Why is he being so nice to me? Why doesn't he just kill me and find someone else to help him? I can barely even walk right now, much less go on a killing spree with him. Questions floated through my mind and before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep.