Chapter Two

Dudley Dursley was a smart boy. He was adaptable. When he was three, he was playing Hide and Seek with his mommy, and he hid in one of the drawers in her room. In there, he found two letters, which he hurriedly tucked into his pockets and ran to a different hiding place. He had learned to read by then as well, so when he looked at the letters he saw that the Dumbellydoor man wanted his mommy and papa to hurt his baby cousin Harry, because Harry was magic.
When Harry and Dudley were four, Dudley had his first bout of accidental magic, when he broke all the windows in the house. Of course his parents thought that Harry, or Freak as they called him did it, and that was when Harry was first beaten. Dudley was so scared at seeing that side of his parents, that he decided that he wanted to help Harry. After all, they were family. So, when his mummy gave him a late night snack of two apples and some peanut butter, he would hide the apples and eat the peanut butter (since it was his favorite after all) and sneak down the stairs in the middle of the night and give it to Harry.
Dudley liked Harry. He was small, had fluffy hair, and took the fall for him whenever Dudley did accidental magic. Dudley taught Harry to read as well, but he couldn't protect him from his papa, who was very mean to Harry. But he did know that if he fought against his papa, he would be sent away, and who would heal Harry at night?
While his mommy and papa were doing the icky kissy stuff, he opened the latch on the door to Harry's room, and stepped in.
He knew how to control most of his magic, and it was only when his magic was growing that the accidental magic occurred. He gently rested his hand on Harry's back, and willed his magic to help Harry. A light blue glow enveloped Harry and most of his wounds had healed and scabbed over.
Harry sighed in his sleep, and Dudley smiled. He only wondered how long it would take before Harry got hurt again.
✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
A year passed in the same manner. Harry was abused at home, and Dudley did his best to heal him. When Dudley had to start school, he was simply thankful that his father would be going to work the same time as he went to primary. He knew that his mother would hit Harry, but he currently was unable to do anything about it.

One day, when Dudley went to the shops with his mother, he spotted a small stuffed dragon in the window of an antique shop. He used a little bit of his magic to get his mother in the shop, where she was promptly distracted by some antique china sets. Dudley snuck over to the dragon and looked at the price. It was only five pence, his allowance more than enough for the gift for Harry.

He grabbed the dragon and took it to the counter without his mother noticing and bought it, the cashier an old woman who smiled at him and winked.
He stuffed it into his book bag and turned to see his mother bargaining with another attendant on the price of a pretty rose china set.
Mommy, can we go home now?" He asked, slightly whining. He couldn't wait to give his gift to Harry!
"Of course Duddykins!" His mother said in her shrill voice. She took his hand and left the shop.
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N
Sorry its short...but I have a really good chapter for you guys up next!
Stay sweet jellybeans!