Chapter 9 - The Baked Potato Co.

Start from the beginning

"Ok, I've made a decision." The mother said as she opened up her purse, pulling out several dollar bills. "I want a small salad and 3 of your baked potatoes with extra sour cream." She handed me the money and I walked to the back. It was an easy job. You just take the foil-wrapped potatoes out of the steamer using tongs and set them in the plastic tray for the costumer. Then you can add any additional toppings they want. How simple? I placed the first potato on the tray and realized something seemed wrong. It wasn't cooked at all!

Someone forgot to plug in the damn steamer!

Oh wait, I was supposed to do that wasn't I?

I quickly rounded up the three potatoes and threw them in the microwave. I walked to the front to stall the costumer but...

THERE WERE 9 MORE COSTUMERS IN LINE NOW.

This is bad.

And I still haven't plugged in the steamer!

"I'll be right back!" I said cheerfully and calmly walked to the back room again. I plugged in the steamer and set it to high, opened up a new tub of butter to spread on the potatoes in the microwave and when everything seemed it might be ok, my phone started buzzing wildly again!

Did I ever mention I have a short tempter? I do. I really do.

At this point I was steaming more than the potatoes.

I pulled out my phone to see what was going on.

"Harry_Styles: Let me know when yuo have a free time to talk. :)"

"Harry_Styles: Sorry I meant *you."

"Harry_Styles: Like on your break or something like that?"

"Harry_Styles: If you want to, of course."

"Harry_Styles. :)"

I was a bit furious now.

"Me: I'm at work, I don't have time to chat!"

"Harry_Styles: Well maybe when you get off work then?"

"Me: No I just want to concentrate on my job right now. I don't have time to goof off with people."

"Harry_Styles: But you're talking to me right now"

Oh he did not just do that.

"Me: Yeah, because my phone keeps buzzing when you message me and I'm going to get in trouble!"

Just then I was harsly reminded where I was when the microwave kind of...sort of...exploded. It wasn't a very big explosion but an explosion is an explosion.

And the leftover microwave scraps were on fire of course.

I rushed to find the fire extinguisher under the counter and put the fire quickly. It wasn't quick enough apparently. The sprinkler system detected the smoke and started spraying water into the room. I could hear the sound of angry costumers panicing and rushing out of the store and Mr. Standwell was standing over me. The two of us drenched in water.

He was giving me a death glare and then said the obiouvs. "You're. Fired."

Katie's POV:

"Are you kidding? You Skyped with him? For real?" Emily asked me as the two of us walked to the park together after scool. I had my laptop in it's case under my arm so we could make our next video for this week out there. I'd have to log into the wifi on my phone in order to upload it out here but whatever. We decided we weren't going to let our parents stop us from making our weekly videos and ultimately from being friends.