I was so happy that I hugged her, she squeezed me as tightly as I did, "Oh Maya, I'm really sorry."

"I know Lau I know, you know I will never leave you right?" She said.

"Yes Maya, I love you so much." I mumbled into her soft blonde hair.

"I know, and I love you too. And if you don't let go soon, people will think we are dating." She said, laughing.

I let go, my mind no longer clouded with dark thoughts, I could finally feel the sun shining and the weight was lifted off my chest.

"Now, McDonalds take away?"

"Duh, my house?" I said, smiling.

Once we were sitting comfortably on my bed, with our takeaways, she asked me, "So Asher don't like me?"

"Yes, "I quickly added, "but he does like you as a friend."

"Huh," she sounded sad.

Trying to cheer her up, I brought up Tom, "You remember Tom?"

"The guy that likes me?"

"Yes, maybe you can try going out with him?"

"Maybe, he is kind of cute." She said, chewing some fries thoughtfully. "I think he was my lab partner, he is pretty nice and funny."

"Yes, you may be able to move on." I said excitedly.

"But I'm not asking him out, he need to make the first move." Maya said.

Right on time, my phone buzzed, notifying me that I had a message, I checked it and it's from an unknown number.

I opened the message:

Hey, it's Laura Clark right? This is Tom Jacksen, the guy you met last Friday?

I replied:

Yea

He quickly typed back:

So I was wondering, can I ask Maya out.

Maya let out a squeal.

I grinned giving her a triumphed look and replied:

Yea sure.

"Oh my god." Maya screamed.

"Yes I know." I looked down and he replied:

Ok thanks, I owe you Laura.

I quickly replied:

Yea no problem.

"Oh my god, I'm going to have a date!" Maya screamed again, "what should I wear? When do you think he is asking me?"

I laughed, "He hasn't even ask you out yet."

"Oh, but he is going to!" She said happily.

After she had calmed down, she said suddenly, "I wonder who Asher likes, I mean, if he can resist me, the girl he likes must be very very hot."

"He can not like anyone?" I pointed it out.

"Yes, but I just have a feeling that he does like someone." She insisted.

"Maybe, who cares." I shrugged, not interested in Asher's crush.

"Aren't you curious?" Maya gave me a look.

"A little." I admitted.

"You can just ask him!" Maya said it liked it's the simplest thing ever.

"That's so random!"

"You guys are friends, right?"

I hesitated, "I don't know."

"You guys hang out, talked and did a project together, isn't that what friends do?" Maya pointed out again.

"Yes but, we can just be classmates? Besides, the war?"

"Lau! That was ages ago, I bet Asher already forgot about it! Besides nothing had really happen."

"I don't know." I replied lamely.

Thinking back, he actually never did anything 'bad boyish', he just looked like it. He wasn't even a player, he was just flirtatious. He was kind of a party boy, but who doesn't party? I judged him too quick. I hadn't even given him a chance, I just assumed. And now I felt bad for judging him so quickly.

"Ok whatever, now when do you think he will ask me out?" Maya changed the topic.

But Maya's question made me questioned myself, what are we?