When an idiot cried Ringu!

Start from the beginning

"I'll tell you when the scary part is over," she whispered so only Skyler could hear.

"Yeah, thanks..." he replied, too scared to do anything about his diminishing manhood. So much for trying not to show his fear in front of the ghost.

Even though this was not the kind of closeness Rags had in mind, she was glad her relationship with Skyler seemed to be getting better. At least she was slowly building his trust. Not to mention, seeing this incredibly timid side of him gave Rags reassurance that Skyler could never be capable of killing someone. He didn't have the balls in him. She was wrong to have ever suspected him.

Rags was able to watch the rest of the movie with a comparatively clearer head than when she started. She continued to shield Skyler from all the creepy scenes to the point that neither of them minded the fact they were practically sitting on top of each other by the end of it. As the credits were rolling, Archer had to briefly step out of the room to take a phone call from his mom. On the other hand, despite all the buzz Cooper had made about Ringu earlier, he'd fallen asleep during the climax. A long day of being scolded by his boss at work really took a toll on his energy. This finally gave Rags the alone time she needed with Skyler. Not knowing when Archer would return, she'd have to use this chance while she still had it.

"Hey, Sky?" Rags began.

"What? Are you going to make fun of me for being such a pussy during that movie?"

"I'd be careful of the way you use the word pussy around me, fuckboy," Mr. Sprinkles interrupted, staring down at Skyler from on top of Cooper's stomach. He had made himself comfortable there towards the end of the movie and hadn't moved since. He quite enjoyed the idea of stepping on his master.

Rags had to remind herself that she was the only person who could hear Mr. Sprinkles's vulgar thoughts. She ignored the grouchy cat and replied, "No, of course not. I've been meaning to talk to you. It's about last night. I didn't get to properly apologize for sneaking around in your room. It wasn't right of me to do so. I'm sorry."

Skyler took a moment to let this situation sink in. He was currently sitting on the living room floor, receiving an apology from a dead person. And to top it all off, he felt sorry too. Just what had his life become in the past few days?

"It's fine. Just give me a warning if you're going to be coming into my room next time. And—" Skyler gulped. He really wasn't the apologizing type, but he couldn't shake this guilt he had been feeling since this morning. "And I'm sorry for being so mean to you. This doesn't mean I care about you though, so don't get the wrong idea."

"Sure, apology accepted," Rags said with a smile, relieved that this one issue had been resolved smoothly. Now it was on to the next one. "Also, I have something else I should tell you. I left out one important detail about my dreams. The truth is, for some reason, I saw you in one of them."

"What—"

"Oh, I smell this story's plot thickening," Cooper said, having miraculously woken up right then.

Archer returned in that moment too. "Did I hear that correctly? You saw Skyler in one of your dreams?"

And there went Rags's alone time with Skyler. She nodded. "I kind of wanted to discuss this with Sky first, but I guess it can't be helped now. You two deserve to know too anyways. Yeah, I clearly remember seeing his face last night. And it's hard to describe, but there was this great sense of betrayal that came along with it."

Cooper gasped. "Betrayal? Wait, this could only mean one thing!"

"What?" the other three people in the room asked curiously.

Cooper took a deep breath, preparing himself to blow everyone away with his brilliant theory. "Rags has to be a girl you've slept with before, Sky. It totally makes sense now! Like all you were looking for was a one-off, but it's clear she wanted something more. She must have been so heartbroken to find out the truth that she fell to her death. Oh, the tragedy!"

"Okay, that sounds way too dramatic to be true. This isn't some paranormal romance novel," Rags immediately argued. "And why are you taking notes on this, Arch?"

Archer looked up from his pen and notepad. "I can't let such good story material go to waste. Anyways, what's your take on this, Sky?"

All eyes went to Skyler, who simply shrugged. "I honestly want to say there's no way I could've slept with her, but I really don't keep track of these kinds of things enough to be sure."

"Oh, gosh. Please tell me I'm not..." Rags groaned. If this truly was her past, she'd be lying if she said she wasn't at all disappointed. Although she hadn't the slightest clue what her previous life was like, this was far from what she had expected.

Just then, Cooper sent Archer a look of great revelation, which he received right back. Together, they said, "Chloe? Is that you?"

"I am not Chloe!"

"But how would you know?" Cooper asked, raising a brow.

And like that, Rags was caught in a corner. "Um, well..."

"She's not Chloe or whatever her name was," Skyler said, coming to her rescue. "I may not remember her name, but I do remember her face."

Rags sighed in relief. "Thanks, Sky—"

"She was way hotter than Rags."

The ghost's softened blue eyes quickly changed to that of a sharp, icy glare. "Yeah, thanks, Sky..."

"Alright, so we're not entirely clear on whether Rags was one of your so-called dates before," Archer began. "But what we can confirm is that you were somehow involved in Rags's death or else you wouldn't have appeared in her dreams. Even if you weren't directly responsible for it, which I hope you weren't, you must have still done something to upset her while she was alive. To this, I can only say one thing. You need to make it up to her, Sky. And it'll be done tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?" Rags and Skyler repeated in unison.