Everyone remembers their time as a 7 year old but…

                The water that touched Nori’s fingertips started turning into a trail of ice following the boat as her hands went ice cold, the temperature around them dropping rapidly when Nori realized something that made her emotions run wild.

                She couldn’t remember.

                “Noboru.” A hand grabbed Nori’s wrist and yanked it back to her side, causing her to look up a little startled. Sasuke’s narrowed eyes met her wide ones, “what do you think you’re doing? You could be leading an enemy ninja straight to us if you continue doing that.”

                Nori yanked her hand away, cradling it to her chest as she ignored everyone’s stares.

                She couldn’t remember.

                As they continued with the boat ride surrounded by heavy mist, Kakashi took notice that the temperature around them never went back to normal.

.

.

.

                “STOP TRYNA SCARE ME YOU STUBBY LITTLE DWARF!”

                Nori moved away from Tazuna, awkwardly shuffling off to the side like she had done ever since the mission had started. Her blue eyes flickered from the bridge builder towards Naruto, who had been wasting kunai knives in a futile attempt to appear on guard and cool.

                Watching as Kakashi shifted through the bushes for what Naruto claimed was an enemy following them, Nori perked up when she saw a flash of white when Kakashi opened the bushes further enough for her to see.

                A white bunny.

                Sakura’s eye twitched. “Naruto! Look what you did!”

                “Gyah, a bunny!” Naruto grabbed the white animal, hugging it to his chest. “I’m sorry little guy! I didn’t mean to scare you!”

                Nori glanced to the side, staring at Kakashi who seemed to be in deep thought. Was something not right? Nori turned back to her teammates who were still fussing over the bunny before her eyes flickered to the trees.

                Sensory had always been her strength. So maybe…

                Her eyes widened and she flew towards the ground into a defense crouch before Kakashi could even yell out for them to duck. The huge sword whirled over them, skinning their heads before logding itself into a tree.

                Seconds later a ninja wearing cow printed arm and leg warmers landed on the swords handle, looking over his shoulder at them.

                Slowly rising from her crouch, Nori made sure that Tazuna wasn’t a perfect target for the new enemy before focusing back to the ninja. Listening to Kakashi Nori and the others learned the ninja's name was Momochi Zabuza before their attention shifted to Naruto when he shot forward, only to be stopped by Kakashi.

                “You’re in the way.” The silver haired jounin said bluntly, never taking his eyes from Zabuza. “Get back, Naruto. He’s in a whole other level compared to those chuunin we encountered.”

                Durning Kakashi’s small explanation to Naruto, Nori had somehow managed to gain the attention of the missing-nin when his cold brown eyes flickered briefly from Kakashi to the small red head.