"Nah but for real. You sounded really good though."

I smiled and thanked him.

We arrived at his house a few minutes later and I saw Brians and my car parked in the driveway.

We got out and made our way to the front door.

"Your brother is finna get in my ass." He chuckled.

"Eh. He'll be alright."

August unlocked the door and as soon as we stepped in, all eyes were on us.

"Finally! The games on bruh." Chris yelled.

I walked behind him into the living room after I took my sandals off and left them at the door.

"What's the score?"

"7-10. The falcons are winning." Brian said as he put a hand full of popcorn into his mouth.

The room smelled like weed smoke and junk food.

"Nah. My saints will come back."

August grabbed my hand and led us to the love seat that was unoccupied. We sat and he immediately placed his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into him.

My stomach erupted in butterflies. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his torso and began watched the game. I felt him place a sweet kiss on my forehead, never taking his eyes off of the tv.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I took it out and unlocked the screen.

Brian: Y'all two getting cozy huh? 😂

I shook my head and replied.

Me: Mind your own business boy. ✋😒

We sat and watched the game until it finished. The score was 24-17, meaning that the Saints had won. Brian and Chris both handed August crisp hundred dollar bills.

I walked into the kitchen and got myself a bottle of water. The boys' rowdiness had given me a headache.

"What's up Bri?" A voice said next to me.

I look to my left to see Trey leaning against the counter.

"Hi." I said.

He looked at me, searching my eyes. I looked at him weirdly before he opened the cabinet and reached up, grabbing an aspirin bottle. He handed it to me and I gladly accepted.

"They take a minute to get used to." He said referring to his friends.

"No they're good. I'm just a little naïve to everything that's all." I smiled. I thanked him and took two of the pills.

"So where did you and Aug end up going." He asked looking down at his feet. He placed his hands in his pockets.

I frowned my eyebrows at him. I didn't know if August had told the boys about our spot so I made something up.

"Just out to get some ice cream." I shrugged.

"Oh. Alright." He nodded.

I had decided that it was time for me to go. I really wanted to finish unpacking and laying out all of my things for classes on Monday.

I walked out of the kitchen, leaving Trey in his weird thoughts.

"I'm about to go." I said to the boys.

August and Brian got up to walk me to the door.

"Bye Chris, bye Red." I waved at them and my hugged my goodbye. I looked at Trey as he emerged from the kitchen.