Protective.

Brielle

"How long have you been coming out here?"

"Maybe a year na'. This is kind of like ma' thinking spot."

He put and arms around my shoulder as we looked out at the bay. The sun was setting over the buildings on the other side. It was beautiful.

"You're more complicated than you really let on." I stated as I looked up at him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Maybe your right." He smiled. "I've been told that befo'."

"I bet you have." I giggled.

After a few moments of silence, he spoke.

"So, I brought you outchea because I've always kind of wanted to share this spot with somebody. Someone that I knew would appreciate it for what it really is."

I frowned my eyebrows at him. "And what is it exactly."

"A safe haven. A place to get away from all the bullshit."

He pulled away from me and rested his forearms on his knees.

"I don't want you to think I'm moving fast, but I just wanted to bring ya' here." he smiled widely at me.

I nodded and leaned into him, resting my head on his shoulder. I found myself becoming more and more comfortable with being close to him. With other guys, I was really shy and self conscious about being touchy feely with one of the opposite sex, but with Aug it was natural. Like we stuck together like magnets that were difficult to pull apart.

His phone rang in his pocket. He pulled it out and put is arm around me again while answering.

"Waddup bro."

"Aye, bring yo fast ass back to the crib homie. You ain't finna get away with kidnapping my little sister." he and I laughed. I could hear my brothers loud voice.

August chuckled and ran his fingers up and down my arm.

"Chill bruh, we coming back in a few." He hung up and softly nudged me to get up. We walked back to his truck and he helped me in.

"Small ass." He said before closing my door.

I giggled and watched him walk around. He got in a started up. On the way back I looked out the window and watched the sun set under the trees. The sun reflected off of the water and made it look an orange and purple color.

August turned on the radio and Into You by Tamia started to play.

With every passing moment

Thoughts of you run through my head

Every time that I'm near you

I realize that you're heaven sent.

August looked over at me and smirked. I felt my cheeks becoming hot and covered my mouth as I giggled.

"What?" he smiled. He had his left hand on the wheel and the other rested on the middle.

I shook my head no and started to sing lowly.

"I think you're truly something special. Just what my dreams are really made of. Lets stay together you and me boy. There's no one like you around, oh baby."

"Uh oh! Let me find out you can blow baby girl." He said reading me.

"Oh shut up." I laughed.