Chapter 1 ~ Reuniting

I could barely contain myself while I sat and waited on the train. I was practically bouncing in my seat. I mean, I was going to go see my brother after such a long time! I was so happy. I had already mailed most of my things to him so that I wouldn't have that much to carry when I traveled. All I had with me was a duffel bag with the bare necessities that I needed for today before I left.

I don't know exactly how long it's been since I've been with my brother. It's been a while. We met up as a family on holidays and such but still, it's not the same as actually getting together and getting to spend a long time together. But now I could!

"Tomahado station." The train's intercom came over. We're here!

I jumped out of my seat, grabbed my bag, and ran out of the bus, being careful not to bombard anybody, of course. I looked all around for my brother. This is where we were supposed to meet. "Sakura!" I heard from behind me. I turned around and it was him! It was Haru!

"Haru!!" I ran to him and practically jumped into his arms, us then falling to the ground. I hugged him tightly and felt him embrace me back. "I missed you so much!"

"Yeah, I missed you, too." He said. "But, Sakura, I really can't breathe."

"Oh, sorry." I giggled and stood up, holding out my hand to help him up. He took it and smiled at me. He only smiles rarely but when he does it's so beautiful.

"I love you." I said with a smile of my own.

"I love you, too." He said and ruffled my hair. "Come on, we should get going." He picked up my bag and we began walking to his- no, our house.

Time skip

"Wow, this place really hasn't changed a bit." I said as we walked into the house. "Oh, Haru. Is that... mackerel?" There was a scent of fish in the air. I covered my nose and gave him a confused look.

"What else would it be?" He asked as if it were normal. It's not normal, Haru!

"I'm going to go put my stuff in my room." I said and picked up my bag. "And get out of this smell."

"Hey!" He said and I snickered, running up to my room.

I opened the door and just like everything else, it hadn't changed one bit. It was exactly like how I left it all those years ago. However, it looked like it had been recently cleaned and dusted. Awwe, Haru's so sweet.

My stuff that I mailed was also in here. I unpacked my necessities and put them away. Once I was done I was about to head down to the kitchen again when I heard a voice. It wasn't my brother's. In fact, it was deeper but sounded oddly familiar.

I came down the stairs to see who it was and when I did my eyes opened wide in shock. It... it was him!

"Haru, you can't just- Sakura?!" He asked.