"Why admit the truth when you already accepted it? Do you honestly think after all this time I would allow them to hurt Lyra in this stupid place?" Silver questioned.

"Not helping, Silver," I retorted before turning back to Ethan. "And he took it out of you?"

"Yeah... He wanted more information. He recognized Silver, but I already knew that. That man wanted to know Silver's weaknesses... He even knew I was trying to keep the police away from you guys..."

"You did that for us?"

"Of course... You guys stuck together like glue. I assumed if Silver was going to jail, you would too Lyra. I didn't want that to happen, especially when you did nothing wrong."

"Keeping the police away, huh... No wonder you guys said the detective and police won't listen to you. It seems you're keeping something a secret," Lance noted, allowing Ethan to hold the tissues pressed against his nose.

Silver and I didn't say a word. Lance was very observant of our conversation, but I was worried about telling them.

"Of course, it's not my business to butt in on your personal affairs; however, I strongly suggest you tell us what's going on, especially now when you can have more people on your side then enemies. You know Ethan wants to help—I'm also here to help as well—but secrets are the reasons why it's all continuing and not getting solved," Lance added.

Silver looked hesitant. He averted his attention to the ground for a second before meeting my gaze. Knowing his stare, I knew he wanted me to be the one deciding, since the bracelet affected me more than him. I turned my attention to Ethan who turned his gaze to me.

I didn't want Ethan to be hurt; that's why I tried to avoid him in Goldenrod City. However, it ended up hurting him in the end. I sighed—knowing that Ethan is slowly getting really suspicious, I rolled up my sleeve and showed him the bracelet. With my index finger, I specifically pointed to the metal bracelet on my right hand, instead of the Lugia bracelet Silver gave me.

Ethan's face scrunched in confusion, tilting his head to the side while holding onto the tissues. In response, Silver also rolled up his left sleeve and showed Ethan the identical bracelet he had. Lance also examined the bracelet and brought up a conclusion before Ethan commented about them.

"I'm assuming those metal bracelets are the reason you two are acting strange."

"Not surprised a champion would figure it out," Silver commented.

"So... is that bracelet the reason you're avoiding me?" Ethan questioned.

Silver and I took our time to explain to Lance and Ethan the situation with S, along with how Team Rocket is probably involved. Although I knew it was a bit risky, Lance was correct at this point. Our little adventure is turning more brutal the closer we are to the Pokémon League.

After explain with Silver's assistance, Ethan appeared shocked—probably disturbed as his eyebrows furrowed with confusion. As for Lance, he had his fingers pressed against his chin and began to process what we explained. Silver and I re-rolled our sleeves, staring at each other at the sudden feeling of relief we felt.

"I'm assuming this 'S' person... they haven't done any harmful actions towards you two directly, right?" Lance questioned.

"Right... It's just that they know our every move," Silver replied.

"They left us letters that spoke what we were doing next, who we talk to, and all that. However, it suddenly all stopped at Cianwood City... we didn't get a letter from there," I added.

"Do you have any other information about them?"

"Chuck mentioned that the cloaked figure—probably S—reminded him of Silver. We don't believe that it was true, but there is some suspicion over that..."

"But that's not possible," Ethan suddenly interjected.

We all turned to face him. He had his arm propped on his knee, staring at the floor for a while now. Lance crossed his arm and stared at him.

"What do you have to say, Ethan? It's best to speak out your thoughts so we could analyze the information we have. So far, we believe S is a male—"

"That's where my suspicion comes in," Ethan interrupted Lance.

"What's wrong, Ethan?" I asked.

Ethan tilts his head up and stared blankly at Silver first. "I thought this S person was a male too, especially of how you guys were describing them—"

He then turned to me. "—I went back to the Pokémon Center to check on the Gyarados from that lake. As I was waiting for Nurse Joy to finish, I ran into the same Officer Jenny we met at the same lake. I asked her why she wanted us to catch the Gyarados so badly and—"

Ethan took a deep breath.

"—she told me she met someone that fits S's description, but the only thing that's off was... it was a female that talked to Officer Jenny."

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~