"Well that's too bad, isn't it?"

A voice startled me, forcing me to turn around to the source. Gastly hovered over my shoulder, prepared to attack the woman who stood in front of me. I examined her closely and I was shocked by the resemblance between her and Silver. Judging by the uniform, she was clearly a higher-up grunt.

"I was rather intrigued after hearing the rumours of Giovanni's son arriving here. However, I wasn't really expecting him to not be on our side. After all, we are doing this for his father," the woman stated.

"Silver..." I muttered.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I don't know who she is, nor do I care," Silver interrupted me.

The woman smirked. "Now that's not the way to treat your greatest ally... How rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Ariana, the interim boss of Team Rocket in the place of Giovanni. Are you his girlfriend, perhaps? That's fine. You may join Team Rocket as well, once we're able to locate our former boss."

"As if I would; I don't want to be with a team full of scums," I retorted.

"That's fine; it's your decision. You are not that important or even relevant to our cause. However, our dear Silver will, unfortunately, have to come along with us. We do need him to bring Giovanni back in order to revive Team Rocket."

Silver scoffed, halting his activities and pushing me behind him. "I don't join with weaklings who are not even strong enough to beat an average trainer."

Ariana sighed. "Now that's a bit rude, don't you think... It can't be helped, can it? Very well, I do not mind going through extreme measures to have you submit."

I hastily grabbed my Pokéball, ready to fight alongside Silver. Ariana sent out a Pokémon, which my Pokédex identified as Arbok. I brought out Bayleef, while Silver stuck with Feraligatr after returning Gastly to his Pokéball.

Just as Arbok extended its tail to attack Bayleef, another Pokémon swooped down the stairs and appeared behind Ariana. It grabbed Arbok's tail and swung him back to Ariana. The Pokémon... looked like a very strong dragon.

"Dragonite; the Dragon Pokémon. This marine Pokémon has an impressive build that lets it freely fly over raging seas without trouble. It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people."

"Stop right there!" a man yelled.

Ariana turned around, while Silver and I glanced over Ariana's shoulder. There was a fairly tall man with carmine hair rushing down the stairs, who wore a blue and red suit and a black cape. He had a very strong aura emitting off of him.

However, Ariana wasn't even that surprised—instead, she burst into laughter at the sight of him.

"I see now... So the other intruder must've reached out to you for help. Well-played, if I must say. It seems I've underestimated him. Of course, I do not stand a chance against an Elite Four member—or rather the champion himself"

She turned to Silver with a sharp glint in her eyes. "However, it's not all a lost. I've found some valuable information that'll be useful to us. Enjoy while you can, my dear Silver. Soon, you will fall to the darkness and shall join us in world domination by your father's side."

Ariana returned her Arbok and suddenly used a Smoke Ball. As the smoke began to spead, it felt a suffocating pain in my throat which forced me to cough, until the gush of wind Dragonite created blew away the smoke. Ariana was no longer in the room. Silver returned to the panel and after a few seconds, he managed to turn the machines off and free the other Pokémon.

The Dragonite smashed the glass window that blocked us from the Pokémon.

"Electrodes, you must escape now—quickly!" the man yelled.

The Pokémon, who were called Electrode, heard the man's voice and jumped off the machine, up the glass and out of the room. After the Electrodes left the room, the man immediately approached us.

"Your friend contacted me around an hour before I arrived and informed me on a few things—particularly about Team Rocket's attempt to revive their organization."

"And? What does that have to do with us?" Silver questioned with suspicion, crossing his arms as he made no attempt to answer his question.

"You're a sharp one, kid. I heard part of the conversation you had with the woman. You know something that could be helpful to the detectives—even the police as well. My question for you: why aren't you tell the police anything?"

Before Silver spoke a word, I placed myself in front of him.

"It's a bit hard to explain, especially when it appears to have yet to reach your ears. However, it's basically the fact that the police wouldn't be too fond of seeing him, neither listen to anything he had to say," I tried to inform him.

The man nods his head. "Alright, you can explain the details to me later. The two men in the shop were arrested for connections with Team Rocket. Where is your friend?"

"I do not know, He wasn't responding to my calls," I replied.

"Then we should find him right now. There are a few things I need to discuss with him."

I nodded, as Silver and I follow him and Dragonite upstairs.

"By the way, who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Lance, a trainer just like you two..."

~~♛~~

Hi, I'm back. Sorry for the month hiatus... A lot of things were happening, not just the minor edits of the previous chapters. Thank you for your patience and also thanks to you guys for making this book reach 5k reads. I really appreciate it.

I still have a few chapters that I want to edit, so I'm going to take my time on that while updating on a regular basis.

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~