"Sound?" Ethan questioned.

Silver silently pointed to Sneasel, who had his head tilted down the entire time until Silver placed him under the spotlight. He raised his head and weakly glared at Ethan, while the latter reciprocated with the look of condolence.

"The sound is most likely radio waves, which I assume is the reason why that Gyarados appeared strange. Knowing the circumstances, Team Rocket is involved," Silver explained.

"Alright... so whatever that sound was, it forced the Magikarp to evolve, where it retained its scales into the Gyarados form," Ethan concluded.

"Well more like it didn't have time to change the colour of its scales from red to blue," Silver added.

"So how come Typhlosion isn't hearing anything?" I questioned.

"From what I'm observing, the sound seems to have forced the Magikarp to evolve. Typhlosion is the evolved form of Quilava, who is the evolved form of Cyndaquil. There's no way Typhlosion is capable of evolving again, unless the creators of this world speak otherwise—in other words, impossible. That's why Typhlosion is not bothered by the sound, to the point of not hearing it," Silver explained.

"You sound as if you know exactly what's going on—"

"—That's if my thesis is correct. Don't go pointing the fingers at anyone and let them be the scapegoat. I'm not part of this stupid organization."

"Guys, can you two chill out?" I exhorted, placing myself in between the two. "We have an idea what's happening, right? We should stop them from continuing before they can do more harm, instead of bickering here about nonsense."

"Whatever; let's go right," Silver suggested.

"Sure," Ethan simply said afterward.

I sighed in relief before following Silver's lead as we made our way through the hall. Honestly, at a time like this... I really need to keep an eye on those two.

As we continue making our way through the hallway, Silver suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me, causing me to do the same to Ethan.

"Those statues on the side... I feel a bit of nostalgia, but I can tell it's a trap—" Silver informed us, as he reached into his pocket for a Pokéball. "—the moment we destroy the statues, the guards will detect an intruder. If we trigger the statues, it will lead to the same results."

"So then, what do we do?" Ethan questioned.

"Once I destroy all of the statues in the area at once, we run and split up on the next path. Those idiots will take too long in deciding where the intruders are located, which will distract them for the time being. There has to be a source for the radio waves somewhere inside the lair. Once someone finds the source, they will destroy it and we can end this," Silver instructed.

"Ethan, you and I can keep in contact with each other through our Pokégears. Do you have me registered?" I asked.

"Yeah, your mom gave me your contact info before I left New Bark Town. So if one of us finds the source, we inform the other party," Ethan clarified.

Silver nods his head before taking out Gastly again. In a hastily matter, Gastly used a strong Night Shade attack, which started breaking each of the statues one by one in a hastily manner. The moment they're destroyed, Silver signaled us to go immediately. The three of us ran through the hallway, and the moment where there were split paths ahead of us, Ethan and Typhlosion head towards the right direction while Silver and I head left.

I held onto Silver's hand tightly as we ran through the hall. We noticed a door and decided to enter it, only for it to lead us to a room with a bridge to the next door—and blocking the entrance were a few people with Team Rocket uniforms. They looked confident, and they clearly weren't going to let us past.

"Red hair... Is that really..." one of the grunts commented.

"It's the boss's son! We're saved!" another added.

"This is a miracle! Team Rocket will be reborn for sure!" another exclaimed.

"Don't say a word..." Silver whispered to me.

I nodded and stayed behind him. Gastly was ready to fight, along with Sneasel who furiously glared at the Team Rocket grunts. With another Pokéball in hand, Silver approached the grunts with a neutral expression.

A few of the grunts were a bit confused until one of them said a word.

"Sir, we need to get rid of the intruders! They have broken into the lair and must be stopped before they reach the control room," he exclaimed.

"Then why are you people standing around and not doing anything?" Silver retorted.

The grunts flinched. "Y-you're right, sir! Come on! We need to stop the intruders!"

They rushed past us, allowing Silver and I clear access to the next room. As we were approaching the door, I suddenly heard a couple grunts stop.

"Do you know who she is?" one of them asked in a hushed tone.

"Don't question! They're holding hands, so she must belong to him," the other angrily retorted quietly.

Then, the footsteps disappeared. I sighed in relief, giving Silver's hand a squeeze before taking one more breath. My face felt a bit hot, unconsciously making me move my free hand to my face. We proceeded to the next room, which leads us to yet another big room.

~~♛~~

Alright, I decided to update simply because, after this update, it's going to take a bit longer to update the next chapter. I have to make a bit of adjustment in the previous chapters(personal reasons). In the meantime, enjoy the small [not lasting] moments of teamwork between Ethan and Silver.

Oh, and also, Happy [Late] New Year to you guys~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~