"No ordinary Magikarp can evolving into that thing..." Ethan commented.

"What do you think happened to it?" I asked.

"I... I don't know—at least, nothing is clicking," Ethan replied.

"You folks are trainers, aren't you? That Gyarados appears to be in a lot of pain. We cannot bring it to the Pokémon Center in that condition," Officer Jenny questioned.

"So what do you want us to do?" Silver questioned.

"It's obvious, isn't it? Catch it with one of your Pokéballs."

"But why? It's surprising how the police is asking for a trainer's help," Ethan commented.

"Listen—!" Officer Jenny sighed once. "—I am doing something under my own discretion, and not through the influences of the law. Now you three better do what you do and capture that Gyarados."

Silver sighed in annoyance. "Let's just get this over with... Come on, Lyra."

I followed Silver to the lake, Bayleef looking back at Officer Jenny with a sharp gaze, and with Ethan following Silver's lead. He took out his Croconaw, who suddenly started evolving in front of our eyes.

It was going way too fast for me to process. For some reason, it felt was as if Silver was breaking the rules of this game 'S' brought us into, as if he knows exactly when his Pokémon were evolving—or I wonder if this was because of how Croconaw knew Silver wanted him to evolve.

Coincidence?

"That's a Feraligatr..." Ethan mumbled. The Pokédex I still had in my hands confirmed that it was indeed a Feraligatr; immediately, Chuck's words rushed through my head.

"That man was quite a trainer; determined and strong—a bit desperate too. I can tell his Feraligatr fought from the bottom of its heart."

I heard Silver groan in annoyance. "This bracelet... Feraligatr, your job is to stop that Gyarados."

Just before Feraligatr took off to do just that, Silver turned around towards Ethan, who stood there bewildered at the sight of Feraligatr. The blue Pokémon gazed back at him, tilting his head to the side in pure curiosity. Ethan looked like he was about to say something, but he swallowed those words before taking a deep breath.

"You're not going to come back to us, aren't you...?"

Feraligatr confidently shook his head, proceeding to enter the water and waits near the edge of the lake. It totally slipped my mind about Feraligatr being stolen from the lab when he was a Totodile.  At this point, Feraligatr trusts Silver through the bottom of its heart...

"Listen,  I don't care what you have to say. If you were observant enough, you would've known what situation Lyra is in. We can't catch that Gyarados in our condition, so you're just going to have to pick up the broom and sweep the dirt," Silver noted.

I noticed Ethan's hands clench. "I still don't, but I won't question this. Lyra, it's okay... it's obvious you're not willing to tell me anything..."

"Ethan—"

"No, Lyra—don't... You need some space to think about this, right? I don't bear any grudges against you or him. I just want all of this to be over... and start everything from the beginning..."

Ethan hopped onto Feraligatr, whom the blue Pokémon recognized, and began swimming towards the raging Pokémon. I wanted to shout at him, call out to him that he misunderstood once again... However, Silver held me back from doing anything.

"Don't... if we do anything, either one of us could drown," Silver informed me.

He was right... Darn, I really hate this bracelet. I didn't know why but I ended up trying to take the bracelet out of my wrist; however, it was tightly secured around my wrist. I sighed, just as I noticed something large hover over me.

I looked up and noticed the Red Gyarados staring down upon me. Its red eyes were...—Silver instantly brought out Gastly who forced the Gyarados to stumble back with an unfamiliar move. However, the Gyarados kept staring at me...

It seemed like it was pleading for help.

Suddenly, the Gyarados was hit from behind and began collapsing forward—presumably from a move Feraligatr used. Just before I was crushed by its weight, Silver grabbed my hand and moved me out of the way. The Gyarados crashed onto the ground, yet its gaze was still towards me, clearly undaunted by the situation. I released myself from Silver's grip and approached the Gyarados.

I carefully patted its head, hoping to reassure it that we weren't going to do any harm. As I did, Ethan approached us while Silver hesitated in returning Feraligatr into his Pokéball. He instead stashed the Pokéball in his pocket and approached me as well.

"I'll hold onto it for now. If possible, we can help the Magikarp-turned-Gyarados adjust in its new form," Ethan suggested, proceeding to search through his bag for a Pokéball—at least from my perspective.

"This Gyarados must've been in too much pain to fight us..." I commented.

"Of course. The Gyarados was forced to evolve from a regular; that's why it's still red when it's supposed to be blue," Silver added.

"How did you know it was forced to evolve?"

"Do you have any other ideas?"

I shook my head, proceeding to turn towards Gyarados to check on it. My face twisted into one with pity and sorrow. Ethan approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder, most likely trying to comfort me from this feeling of condolence.

"Why would you think of that idea in the first place?" Ethan questioned Silver.

"Like I said, any other bright ideas? I don't know the source but look at the Gyarados; the red scales that it has resembles the ones a regular Magikarp would have, right? In this case, it would mean the colour remained while it was in the process of evolution, especially when it's interrupted. That's why; any questions?"

"No..."

I can tell from the tone of Ethan's tone that he was surprised Silver was able to conclude a hypothesis of the situation with observations. He didn't bother questioning Silver further. After a few seconds of silence, Ethan crouched down next to me and tapped the Pokéball he had in his hand onto its head.

Just before the Gyarados entered the Pokéball, I noticed a single tear slip from its eyes. I knew what the Gyarados was thinking, and I can assure it that we will find a way to soothe its pain.

~~♛~~

Wow, this is a bit long...

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~