Chapter 10

Lexi's POV

Hermione finally covinced me to eat something, even if it was just a rash of bacon. Harry did the same as me, eating a rash of bacon. Harry and I walked out of the Great Hall, sharing nervous looks. We went back to the Common Rooms to find uniforms with padding laying on the couch, a note resting on them.

"This must be our Quidditch gear!" I said, excited.

Harry and I ran over and found which gear was ours. I read the note on top of mine.

Lexi,

Sorry for the late delivery of your uniform. It's for you to wear in the game (obviously). I sent Fred and George to collect you from the Common Room, so get dressed quickly and be ready for them.

See you soon,

Oliver Wood

Harry and I went our separate ways to our dorms to get changed. Once changed, I met Harry out in the Common Rooms, waiting for Fred and George. I hope they didn't forget. Just as we sat down on the couch, the terrible twins burst into the Common Rooms.

"C'mon, newbies! We have a game to play!" Fred and George yelled, running back outside. Harry and I followed them, running, our robes tucked under our arms. We reached where the team was waiting, Oliver meeting us.

"The gear looks good! You'll be needing these." Oliver said as he handed us our brooms. Suddenly, everyone started mounted their brooms. Harry and I followed as we mounted our brooms and flew out into the field. 

Just like in practice. Just like I practiced. I whispered to myself, as I flew into position. One of the three Slytherin Chasers were opposite me, and they looked like they were way taller and stronger than me. I started to freak out, just as the referee released the Quaffle into the air. I flew forward and caught the ball, closely followed by two Slytherin Chasers.

"Lexi! Lexi!" I could hear one of the other Chasers calling, I threw the Quaffle to them, before flying forward, ready to catch it again. The Gryffindor Chaser I threw it to, who I'm pretty sure is Alicia, threw it back to me. I could hear Oliver shouting commands, but I was focused on the goal hoops in front of me. I threw it as hard as I could, the Quaffle flying fast towards the top hoop, the Keeper barely missing it. I scored. Oh my god, I just scored! Alicia and the other Chaser were congratulating me as we focused back on the game.

I briefly saw Harry fly past, fighting with the Slytherin Seeker to get the Snitch. Suddenly, I saw Harry start to get jolted around on his broom. He was jolted so hard that he nearly fell off his broom.

"Harry!" I yelled out, knowing that if I flew over, I'd give Slytherin an advantage. I continued to stay in position, no matter how much it killed me. Suddenly, a fire burst out in the grandstand and Quirrell stood up, startled, while Snape was stomping around on his cloak, diminishing the fire. As soon as Snape was distracted by the fire, Harry was able to get back on his broom and continue the chase. Suddenly, Slytherin scored, Oliver calling out to me.

"Lexi! What are you doing? Focus!" I nodded and returned to the game, snatching the ball and chucking it to Alicia again. She came up in front of Slytherin's Keeper and scored. We were still ahead when I saw Harry tumble to the ground. I didn't care anymore, and flew down to help him up.

"Harry! Are you okay?" I yelled, helping him up. He looked like he was going to throw up, which was not good. Then, he coughed, and the Snitch came out of his mouth, and fell in his hand. We were both startled, as the commentator announced Gryffindor as the winner. As we were going back inside after the game, Oliver came up to us.

"You both did really well for your first game. Good job!" Harry and I smiled, as we went to the change rooms to change back into our robes.

Hermione and Ron met up with us, instantly concerned about Harry.

"Are you alright? I saw you being thrown around." Ron said, concerned. "Hermione, tell them what you noticed."

"Snape was mouthing words while looking at Harry. I lit fire to his cloak to distract him and let you get back on your broom."

"So, Snape was behind this." I said, rage boiling inside me. "Harry could've died!"

"Lex, calm down. I'm fine." Harry reassured me.

We were no longer safe here at Hogwarts. 

A/N: Thanks guys for reading. Sorry for the crappy ending to the chapter. I would love to hear some of your ideas for chapters too. I might also bring Cedric in somewhere. I'm not sure yet. 

I would love to hear your ideas, so please comment.

Thanks, lovelies!