Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

I walked through the hall inside the train, trying to find a free space in a compartment. I looked inside some full ones to find kids mucking around with their friends. I kept walking until I found one with only one boy in it. Might as well try to make some friends.

I opened the sliding door to the compartment and the boy with black hair looked up at me. I froze in my place and stared at this boy who I'd never met before. A strange feeling went through me and I felt lighter than I'd ever felt, just by looking at this boy. I snapped out of my trance of sorts, realising this kid was probably really creeped out right now.

"Uh..can I sit in here? Everywhere else is full." He nodded awkwardly in response, obviously quite shy, and I walked in and sat down across from him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Maybe this friendship idea was working.

"I'm Lexi, Lexi Black," I smiled, holding out my hand.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter," He smiled, shaking my hand. I took in a few of his features. He had messy jet-black hair that stuck up in different directions, he had a thin face and looked quite skinny, his bright green eyes shone and he had glasses with scotch tape wound around the middle. A strange lightning-bolt-shaped scar stood out on his pale forehead through his fringe.

We sat in silence for a while so I started thinking, did I just imprint on this Harry guy who I'd never met before? Dad told me about imprinting and how it felt and I swear that I just imprinted on Harry. Did that mean that we were now soulmates? What if he doesn't like me? We're not even friends yet and we are destined to be together forever.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the door opened again and a boy with fiery-red hair and freckles came in.

"Anyone sitting there?" He asked, pointing to the seat next to me. I shook my head in response and he sat down next to me. I saw the boy look at Harry and his eyes widened. He looked like he was about the say something but he just looked down at his hands in his lap. The door opened once again and two identical twins with red hair and freckles (obviously related to the buy sitting next to me) poke their heads in the compartment

"Hey Ron. Listen, we're going down to the middle of the train--Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula," the twins started snickering.

"Right," The boy named Ron replied, obviously not caring.

"Harry Potter, right?" The twins said, looking shocked. He looked like an ordinary boy. He looked up at them in response and nodded, "Did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley."

"Go away, losers," Ron said, annoyed.

"And you are?" One of the twins (not sure whether it was Fred or George) said, looking at me.

"Um...I'm Lexi Black," I smiled shyly, shaking their hands that they squeezed through the gap in the door.

"Well, Lexi, it's a pleasure to meet you. If you don't mind me asking, are you the pranking type? You look like you've pranked a few people,"

I smiled deviously, "Oh, you have no idea,"

"Well, we better be going. We'll talk to you later about our first prank," They smiled deviously back at me and left the compartment.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron asked, excited. Harry nodded. "Have you got the--you know...." He pointed at his forehead. Harry pulled aside his fringe to reveal his lightning bolt scar.

"Wicked," Ron said, amazed. "That's where You-Know-Who...like...?"

"Yeah, but I don't remember it," Harry said.