Prologue

Prologue

"Ness, you've got to be kidding me!" Jacob roared. Renesmee had a sad look planted on her face. Jacob was in tears by now.

"Jake, I have to. People are going to wonder why we're still young," Renesmee sighed, trying to convince Jacob.

"You said you'd always be there for me," Jacob whispered, tears cascading down his cheeks. Renesmee placed a hand on his shoulder before he violently shoved it off, "DON'T TOUCH ME!" He yelled backing away. Renesmee didn't flinch, but sighed sadly.

"What about Alexandria? What's going to happen when she grows up and asks me where her mother is? I had to grow up without my mother; I don't want the same to happen to Alexandria," Jacob whimpered.

"She'll be fine with you, Jake," Renesmee said quietly. "I'll stay in contact."

"That's not a real excuse, Nessie. You said that we were both in this together, and now you've decided to leave? You know what, you can get the hell out of here! Lexi doesn't need you and neither do I. Don't bother coming back to show your face. Actually, don't EVER come back or contact me or Lexi. Don't even think about coming back to try to explain Lexi why you left, cause believe me, after she finds out, she'll hate you for the rest of her life." Jacob spat, running away from the beach in the Reservation. He ran into the forest, his anger blazing through him. While running, his clothes ripped right off of him and his body began to transform into a wolf. Once completely phased, he let out a sad howl that rang through the night.

Renesmee heard the howl and tears started to slide down her face. She turned around and ran home to where the Cullens were waiting for her, sympathetic smiles plastered on their faces.

"Nessie, it was for the best," Edward said, patting Renesmee's back, comfortingly.

"I know," She said, turning away towards Rosalie, holding a bundle in her arms. She gently took it from Rosalie, seeing as all the Cullens were ready to leave now. Renesmee's eyes once again glossed over with tears. Inside the bundle was a baby girl, Lexi, with chocolate brown eyes and warm skin. She hugged her child lovingly and waited for someone from the Reservation to come and take Lexi to Jacob. 

A rustling came from the trees as a woman, no older than 21, stepped forward.

"Here, Ness." Renesmee handed her child to the wolf girl. As Lexi was handed away, her eyes locked with Renesmee and Lexi started crying. She was smart for her age and could figure out something was happening that would change her life.

"Thanks, Leah. I appreciate it."

Leah walked back towards the forest with Lexi in her arms. Renesmee fell to the ground and silently cried to herself. Bella walked over, helping Renesmee up, comforting her and trying to calm her down.

"C'mon everyone. It's time to go." Carlisle was ushering everyone together, getting everyone into cars to drive far away.