Nightmares

Deke's night was restless.  In fact most nights were, but since coming to the lighthouse the nightmares had stopped.  So when he couldn't sleep very well one night he figured it as odd. Something must have stirred up the nightmare.  He saw the kree marching with his mom.  One of their spears running through her as she instantly grew pale.  Her body dropping to the floor and his father screaming out in agony as he rushed to her side. That's when Deke woke in a cold sweat.  His heart was racing and his body was trembling.  "water" he muttered standing.  His legs shook as he made his way to the kitchen. He could barely walk,  or function for that matter as his hands trembled while trying to open the cupboard.

"Deke?" The voice of Daisy called causing the man to jump and spin around.  "sorry.. Didn't mean to scare you" she said approaching him.  "oh you didn't. I've been on edge for a while. Just.... I woke and needed a glass of water" he sighed.  "You look genuinely terrified Deke...  Are you okay?" she said putting her hand on his arm,  which immediately called him down.  He nodded "yeah I will be. Just nightmares" he told the woman who he was falling for. "I've had NY fair share of those. But,  come talk to me if.. If you ever need it I'm here" she said getting herself some water before walking off. He signed leaning against the counter. "don't do this Deke.... Don't fall in love" he muttered as he watched her walk off. "crap...  To late "