This was actually the first time I felt he was genuine. Like, I didn't feel like he was acting; although Jason was a divorced man in his 40's with two kids trying to find an acting career in Southern California, he was actually really caring.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm all good. He just grabbed my arm but that was all. Thank you guys so much. I don't know what could've happened if any of you didn't show up,"

"Aww, you're welcome Ari," My other next door roomie, Josh stepped in before pulling into a hug, "Bonding moment!" He said as he pulled me into an almost suffocating hug with his big built arms.

"Ayee," David said as he pulled his camera down.

"Okay okay, Josh. It's getting pretty hard to breathe," I said as my small body gasped for air, "You're forgetting your strength buddy,"

"Oops," he said as he immediately let me go, "Sorry. I guess I still haven't gotten used to my body yet," he said shyly before patting my back. "But at least you're A-Okay!"

Josh had been obese for a large part of his life until he decided to do something about it. According to him, he was always chubby and people at school used to call him: Josh Peck who doesn't Peck his food, but Gobbles it. Overall he had moved in with me since we became friends but ever since we've been friends, he's been like my mom friend and he's an amazing listener. David? Not so much.

"Okay you guys." Jason warned, "Let's go back. I have to get back to my house and you guys to yours. I honestly don't know how you guys got me to come here but it was rad. Now, let's go or I'm ditching your sorry ass Josh."

Me and Josh both nodded, "Okay," he said, "I'll drive Arihi home and you drive David home."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Jason snapped, "I had to deal with this asshole for a whole car ride and now I have to take him back?" He said before David released an offended, "Hey!"

Josh simply shook his head and sighed, "okay okay," he said, "You can take Arihi home and I'll drive with David, Okay?"

Jason offered him a thankful smile, "Thank You! Now we're being reasonable. Okay then Sweetheart," he changed his tone to sweet and cuddly. As if he was talking to a 6 year old, " get in the car before David says anything else."

I shook my head and laughed, "okay," I said before opening the door. Before I knew it, Jason had already kicked David out of his car before I even got in which made me wonder what if these two were handcuffed together like in those Buzz-feed videos?

~*~

The drive was pretty much chill with Jason. Nothing much. He just asked me normal questions of what I think a dad would ask his daughter if he ever came across this kind of situation.

It felt nice.

"So you're home and safe." Jason said confirmingly, "Can you walk to your door? I can see it from here and since we're neighbors, I think we're good," he said.

I nodded, "Yeah, I can do it," I said before turning to him, "I didn't get a chance to properly thank you but thank you for coming. God knows what would've happened if no one showed up. But thank you for taking a part of your day. I really appreciate it, Jason."

He softly nodded, "Sure thing kiddo. But if you ever need anything, you call us, okay? Not that weird edgy David teen. He wouldn't even kill a fly to save your life-no offense."