Chapter 6

Friday

"Adrianna you got a package", one of my dorm mate says as she comes into my room with the package and an envelope.

"Who sent it?" I ask.

"Not sure, plus no one else is allow to read the note beside the receiver", she explains as she place it on my bed then hands me the envelope before leaving.

"Thanks."

I close my door then rip open the package, then gasp when I see what's inside. I open the envelope and begin to read,

'I knew some day this dress will come in handy, it was your mother's own when she was your age enjoy yourself at that party'

Love, Nana.

I pick the dress and place it in front of me, it is really beautiful it makes my eyes stand out.

"Thank you grandma", I smile, this definitely looks like a dress for a ball.

Stella arrives about twenty minutes later with her light gren dress in a protective clear bag over it.

"Omg Anna! I love your dress, where did you get it?" She shrieks.

"My grandma sent it for me, she said it was my mother's own when she was my age", I explain.

"Then your mother definitely got invited to lots of parties."

"Vut your dress looks wonderful too", I add.

"Thanks it's my older sister's own when she was invited to a party and needed to show off to her friends", she rolled her eyes.

"Well they did say that the portal will be open in the garden at 7 pm and closes at 7:50, so we got two hours to get ready", I explain.

"And I still have to deal with this mess", Stella flicks her purple hair just as someone knocks on the door.

I open it.

"Rose?" My eyes widen when I see her wet from head to toe.

"C- can I come in please?" She shivers.

I rush her inside immediately and lock the door as Stella gets a towel.

"What happened to you?" I ask as she wrap the towel around her.

"I was minding my own business when Willow and her friends ambushed me and I fell into the pool", she sniffs.

There's a pool? And no one told me.

"That bitch I should go burn up her dress" Stella hisses.

"You can't do that, she's gone to the fire nation castle already to get ready there", Rose shakes her head.

"Are you still going to the party Rose?" I ask.

"I'm a mess, my hair is a mess", she sighs.

"Let's get you dry first, be right back", Stella leaves with her as I sit on my bed. I wish Nana had a picture of mom,  I don't have my mother's eyes but definitely Nana's own.

***

"Wow Rose you look so pretty", I say when I step out of my dorm. She was in a  green dress, her golden blonde hair curl and strawberry lips gloss on with light make up, she ditch her glasses tonight.

 "You too, you look like true royalty", she teases, Stella's hair is straight with a bow matching her dress holding back the front.

"Guys let's go, I really want to see what the inside of my home island castle looks like", Stella usher us towards where the garden is.

Most of the girls are dress elegantly, but I stand out the most until I see Willow and her friends' dresses at the castle. The guys are in their tuxedos with hair style and some of them have escorts.

"We have our invitations, right?" I stop walk, thank goodness my dress is long so I wear flats.

"Of course and you have  a special one", Stella grins as we approach the open portal, this is my first time walking through one of these.

"Ready?" Rose takes my hand.

"As I'll ever be", I smile, we approached the portal, I hold my breath and step in.

Here goes nothing.

______________

Who's ready to party?!!!