HIM

|BRIANNA|

I would usually wear my long jet black hair in a ponytail but Monday is going to be different. King and I talked a lot now. All his friends would tease him for talking to me but I frankly didn't give a shit and he always came to my defense.

"Mom can I have like 250 bucks"

"For what Brianna?"

"Nevermind." I walked out the kitchen.

"Bri, come back."

I slowly walked into the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen table. I knew she was struggling and I hated to ask for the money.

"Why do you need the money?"

"I just wanted to do a little shopping."

"Is it because of the boy?"

"No, I just want new clothes."

"I understand baby, we go through a lot and you deserve it baby girl. Go get something nice."

I smiled and gave her a big hug. I ran in my room to change clothes. I grabbed my Honda keys and headed out the door.

"I'll be at work by the time you get back, so grab you something to eat. I should be home around 6."

I nodded. Once I got to the mall, I headed straight to Forever 21, I came in the store all the time but never got a chance to buy anything. Next was Foot Locker, I purchase the lastest pair of KDs 7, I wasn't a big fan of Jordans. I grabbed a bite to eat, then my last stop was Victoria Secret. They had a now hiring sign so I asked for a application and would return it to tommorow. My day was now complete.

Once I got home, I called mom to let her know I made it. I called my old bestfriend Jade and filled her in.

................

I took the application back and they hired me on the spot. I was beyond exicted, I could help mom and have extra money. I would start tommorow after school.

I love the way my hair looks after I get my Dominican blowout. It's so silky and shines like the ocean water. I usually don't wear my hair like this but today was different. I applied a little mascara and lipstick then looked in the mirror. I was impressed. I wore a oversize flower shirt that stopped at my knees and had the number 13 printed on the front. I wore a pair of long white socks and my KDs. I wore a pair of silver earrings and that was it.

|KING|

I was posted up in my usually spot talking to my best boys Jeremy and Alex. I was waiting for Emily to bring my gym bag.

"Aye Lexus come here." Jeremy yelled talking to one of the many girls he talk to.

"This boy here." Alex shook his head.

Right before I was about to speak Emily came up to me.

"Get this heavy thing." She rolled her eyes and walked off. I was about to grab her arm but I froze. Brianna had walked past and boy did she look good. She looked at me then smiled. I smiled and bit my lip. The bell rung and everyone begin scattering. I walked across the hall and into my Anatomy class. I looked at the board and notice we had a lab. She begin calling partners and I was glad she called Brianna's name with mines. She had been helping me for about two weeks trying to bring up my grade. I simply walked to the back of the lab.

"So what's up with this?"

"With what?" She asked reading the directions.

"Your hair, your outfit, your perfume?"

"Just something different."

"For me." I asked getting closer. We were now face to face, body to body.