3

(6:32 pm) alex: zach text me when you can.
(6:35 pm) alex: please i need you asap
(6:40 pm) alex: the shit they're posting is kinda getting to me.
(6:43 pm) alex: please.

alex shut his phone completely off, giving up on zach.

zachs baseball practice ended at 6:45 as per usual. all the boys went to the cage to get their bags and leave to a party that monty was having.

zach opened his phone, seeing that he had four unread messages from alex. zach and alex has been having secret relationship outside of school and in all honesty, zach cares A LOT about this boy. zach opened the texts and his heart dropped.

"yo, dempsey. you coming?" bryce shouted through the fence.

"no- i-i gotta- i gotta go!!" zach stuttered rushing out the fence and to the parking lot.

a "what the fuck" could be heard as he ran to his car.

zach sped down the highway and down every road he came across until reaching alexs' house. he noticed that alexs' parents weren't home.

the front door was unlocked but alexs room door wasn't.

"alex. please. im sorry i wasn't there when you needed me." zach said banging on the door, hiccuping as tears rolled down his cheeks.

zach banged on the door to the point where he broke the lock on the door and busted into alexs' room to find him asleep peacefully.

zach checked alex carefully for any injuries.

alex stirred in his sleep, waking up at the sight of zach sitting at the end of his bed facing the opposite way. zachs hands were tangled in his hair in distress.

"hey what's wrong?" alex asked sitting up.

"what's wrong? WHATS WRONG?" zach said standing up in anger.

"YOU DONT FUCKING TEXT SOMEONE THIS!" zach screamed pulling out his phone and throwing it on alexs' bed.

alex was scared because hes never seen zach this angry.

"i was just- i wanted you. i needed you at the- at the time and," alex said quickly, going to stand up and move towards zach.

"im sorry i just- the shit they've been posting it's just i- wanted to tell you so i texted you that shit but- but then i felt like i needed to rest so i shut off my phone and fell asleep." alex rushed out. he truly didn't mean to worry zach to the point where he was crying.

"well since you're okay ill be on my way." zach said sharply, getting his stuff and heading out the door, not forgetting to slam it.

on zachs way out he saw alexs parents pull up. they said their quick "hellos" and zach zoomed to his house.

this was rushed ew
-red