2-White Chocolate

Start from the beginning

"I have a lot of homework and I've got to finish them up or else mom might take Emerald City away from me." I lied. You must be wondering who or what is Emerald City. We'll that's what I called my pop hatchback fiat. It's sparkly emerald green color reminded me of the new version of Emerald City in Oz the Great and powerful. Ever since I watched that movie I waited patiently for the DVD and it became my all time favorite.

"Why don't you just make one of the nerds do it for you. They don't even expect you to pay." I winced at her words. Nerds are people too.

"Look Heather." I snapped. "Just because we're rich doesn't mean we get to waste our education. Unlike you I want to go to the college or university of my dreams and not end up in some stupid community college."

Heather stepped forward with a few of our friends standing behind her. When did all these people get here? "I don't know what's your problem Emily. Your not like the rest of us. You want to be an artist when you grow up? Like really? You want to spend time with a bunch of smelly paints. Gross. Why not be a fashion designer or a producer? You have the money for it." Heather had that smirk on her face. That famous smirk that made her queen bee of Weston High. I'd seen her give that smirk to so many enemies of hers never did I think she'd give it to me.

"Just because I have the money for it doesn't mean that's what I want to do. Do you hear yourself? Your such a brat." She  angrily stepped in front of me gettin all up in my personal bubble. Or as I would say it in front of my friends she was totes in my face.

"But yet you're just like me. You wear the most expensive clothes and you talk just like me. And you put yourself on another level because of your money. You're calling me a brat when you're one yourself."

"You're right I'm no better than you are." I walked passed her, purposely bumping my shoulder with hers.

"Oh and Emily?" I turned to look at her. "If it wasn't obvious we're no longer friends."

No shit Sherlock.

"And I'm happy I finally got you out my life. Ding Dong the Bitch is gone." Heathers face turned dangerously red from anger. And I took that as my signal to leave.

Okay the spoiled brat that I pretended to be my best friend for most of my life is gone. I no longer have a good reason to act the way I do at this school. All the people who I thought were my friends instantly turned to Heather. Whatever I didn't need them anyways.

                         *   *   *

"Please Principal Hewitt you wouldn't regret it." I begged our principal. I've been in her office trying to negotiate for most of the day. I'm not complaining less learning for me.

"I'm sorry Ms.Emilia but the answer is still no." Damn she was such a tough nut to crack.

"Please Principal Hewitt. She'll work hard and she won't cause you problems. I've been in this school for years now and I would never recommend a student here if I didn't feel they belonged." The room was silent for a while. "You wouldn't regret it." I said adding the cherry on top of my plan.

"Fine. It better be worth it Ms.Emilia." I almost ran to her and hugged her but controlled myself.

"Thank you so much ma'am you won't regret it." I exited the room heading for my last class of the day. Like I said she was a tough nut to crack.

I entered art class and all eyes were instantly on me. Not that many kids were interested in art. That's why it was at the end of the day. The kids in here were either geniuses who didn't have any other subject to ace, jocks who thought it'd be an easy A, and people like me who just loved the subject.